Bluetooth; Worth It?

5011man

.020 Over
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT Triple Black
Hey team,
I've read some threads here about it and searched for details on YouTube but, haven't been able to find the real answer. How good is the Bluetooth feature on the R3 TFT and is it worth the money and hassle?
I'm mostly interested in GPS direction. Not sure if that works well or if any of the other features make it worth it. I know I want the TPMS module but not convinced about the Bluetooth. I'm thinking of using the beeline product instead of messing with the Bluetooth module.
What do you think?

I seem to recall complaints/ issues , but I never tried it myself. Both my 4 wheeled vehicles have a place to plug my phone into stereo for music, don't listen on the bike. And God forbid my wife ever finds out there are helmet to helmet communication options, I would be forced to kill the man that told her.

Hey team,
I've read some threads here about it and searched for details on YouTube but, haven't been able to find the real answer. How good is the Bluetooth feature on the R3 TFT and is it worth the money and hassle?
I'm mostly interested in GPS direction. Not sure if that works well or if any of the other features make it worth it. I know I want the TPMS module but not convinced about the Bluetooth. I'm thinking of using the beeline product instead of messing with the Bluetooth module.
What do you think?
I've got over 4,000 miles on my rocket since January. The bluetooth was the first thing I installed. Any bugs or issues I had were on my end. For example, I thought the bars on the dash showed the bluetooth strength, but it was showing the strength of my phone service. When I was in areas with no service the music would stop playing because I lost service. Initially, I thought there was an issue with the bluetooth because I thought I was playing downloaded music, but I was streaming. Makes complete sense. If I'm streaming and lose service, no more music. Since I started playing downloaded music from my phone I have had no issues even though I lose service. Skipping tracks, pausing songs, adjusting volume, work perfectly. I turn the rocket on and my linked earbuds and phone connect automatically. I believe it works well because my earbuds connect to the rocket and not my phone when I turn everything on. For it to work properly, the earbuds and phone have to be connected to the rocket and not each other. If you have everything set up properly this should happen every time you start the bike and turn on the earbuds / headphones. It's nice because I don't have to go through any settings to connect everything. It does it automatically. GoPro connectivity work well, no issues. The only thing lacking is the GPS directions on screen. You get no map, just symbols and street names telling you where to go. I used it a few times and it works, but I believe I had to go through the navigation in the My Triumph app to access GPS directions. I don't think it works if you just use Google Maps alone, but I could be wrong. I also have an android (Samsung S20 Ultra) which I believe it was designed to be used with. I don't know about an iphone.

Back