Bluetooth audio (music) constantly dropping out

Are there any developments or updates? It's really annoying. I have a Schuberth C4 Pro helmet with the integrated Sena Comms System.

• I have paired the connectivity module with my Sena and my Samsung Z Fold2 (the phone is not paired with the helmet)
  • I only have incoming and outgoing phone calls working
  • Cannot listen to music or change the volume
  • I can start/stop/pause/skip the phone music (e.g. Spotify) but no sound
Any ideas or updates?

Cheers

Can't attest to the Bluetooth module but I can say that having phone in your pocket will interfere with Bluetooth signals, even if your sena/cardo systems are in direct line of it. In sitting position, my cardo unit is directly above my left pocket, where I keep my phone and it will constantly cut out. If I keep it mounted to my ram mount, it's flawless.

One would think that Triumph had to reinvent the wheel with this ****ty bluetooth "Module". The technology has been out their for so long, yet they come out with a primitive system for bluetooth and Nav (arrows only!!!). Weird!
What next, selling us flip phones as a new wireless calling device/module?

Hello fellow R3 owners. For those of you who have the BT module, do you stream music from your phone to your helmet headset? If you do, does the audio intermittently drop out constantly? I'm wondering if a) I've got a bad module or b) the module just sucks. My setup is a Cardo Packtalk Bold, paired to my phone as phone one and the R3 as bike 2. All the bike <-> phone stuff works fine: I can make calls, read text messages, and control the music player through the dash and joystick just fine. But when I'm playing music, the audio drops out all the time. I run this same setup on other bikes (KTM and Indian) all paired exactly the same way and the music is fine.

The R3 goes in for it's break-in service on Friday, and I'd like to hear from anyone with the BT module about their experience before I ask the service folks to also investigate it. Lord knows they'll take a week with the bike and find nothing wrong.

I may dig down to the module tomorrow and check myself if the connection to the wiring harness is ok.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

-B
The bike tries to default your music through it's own connection so if you are playing music from phone to headphones and there is any interuption, the bike will switch your sound output to itself. I have my Beats earbuds connected to my phone and I also added them to the bike itself so if it does default back to the bikes output, it will also use the Beats- trouble is, the bikes volume controls don't work and the default volume is lower then I would like- even with volume maxed on the Beats and my phone. I'm guessing what's happening with you is that you don't have a sound output device connected directly to the bike- if you do, it will show under Bluetooth- Music, when your music is playing.

Are there any developments or updates? It's really annoying. I have a Schuberth C4 Pro helmet with the integrated Sena Comms System.

• I have paired the connectivity module with my Sena and my Samsung Z Fold2 (the phone is not paired with the helmet)
  • I only have incoming and outgoing phone calls working
  • Cannot listen to music or change the volume
  • I can start/stop/pause/skip the phone music (e.g. Spotify) but no sound
Any ideas or updates?

Cheers
Sorry I’m late to the party on this, but the problem you’re describing is one I discovered with Sena when you turn on Audio Multitasking. That “normally” allows audio from music to keep playing during intercom or calls. But when you turn it on, music doesn’t play through the Triumph. At all. When you turn it off, it starts working again.

trouble is, the bikes volume controls don't work

I thought it was just me, tracks skip just fine although the display doesn't usually coincide with what track is playing, but the volume does not work. I have to manually adjust via my Sena Helmet. Anyone get the volume control to work for them?

I thought it was just me, tracks skip just fine although the display doesn't usually coincide with what track is playing, but the volume does not work. I have to manually adjust via my Sena Helmet. Anyone get the volume control to work for them?
I have a Sena 10U, iPhone 12 pro max and GoPro 8 all paired and working. To get them working I had to clear all pairings between the devices and pair them in that order, Sena, iPhone and GoPro. Skipping and volume work for me.

I have a Sena 10U, iPhone 12 pro max and GoPro 8 all paired and working. To get them working I had to clear all pairings between the devices and pair them in that order, Sena, iPhone and GoPro. Skipping and volume work for me.
I'm starting to think I have a faulty unit. Tried again clearing everything and still no volume control. When an incoming call comes in after 1 ring it sends it to voicemail. If I take the bike out of the equation and go sena to phone, no such issue.

I'm starting to think I have a faulty unit. Tried again clearing everything and still no volume control. When an incoming call comes in after 1 ring it sends it to voicemail. If I take the bike out of the equation and go sena to phone, no such issue.
Might be the case. Does your joystick work properly for all other control functions (up/down/left/right/press) otherwise? It’s not like it’s acting like it’s always pressed for example?

Or we may not be all on the same firmware. If there was an update, there's no way of knowing if we have it that I know of besides asking the dealer.

Back