Bluetooth audio (music) constantly dropping out

b-rad72

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
Hello fellow R3 owners. For those of you who have the BT module, do you stream music from your phone to your helmet headset? If you do, does the audio intermittently drop out constantly? I'm wondering if a) I've got a bad module or b) the module just sucks. My setup is a Cardo Packtalk Bold, paired to my phone as phone one and the R3 as bike 2. All the bike <-> phone stuff works fine: I can make calls, read text messages, and control the music player through the dash and joystick just fine. But when I'm playing music, the audio drops out all the time. I run this same setup on other bikes (KTM and Indian) all paired exactly the same way and the music is fine.

The R3 goes in for it's break-in service on Friday, and I'd like to hear from anyone with the BT module about their experience before I ask the service folks to also investigate it. Lord knows they'll take a week with the bike and find nothing wrong.

I may dig down to the module tomorrow and check myself if the connection to the wiring harness is ok.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

-Brad

Allow me the question: why do you expect a problem in the BT-module, when the communication between phone and motorcycle works perfectly?

I would expect a problem in the Cardo, because it is just connected to the phone...

I have the connection module and with my chinese earplugs, sound goes on and off, investigating but suggestions are always welcome. Btw, volume adjustments via controls are working.

Allow me the question: why do you expect a problem in the BT-module, when the communication between phone and motorcycle works perfectly?

I would expect a problem in the Cardo, because it is just connected to the phone...
From my original message: "I run this same setup on other bikes (KTM and Indian) all paired exactly the same way and the music is fine." The only variable is the bike which the Cardo and phone connect through.

Also, when I play music from phone to Cardo without the bike in the middle, there are no dropouts at all. Hence me suspecting the Triumph BT.

-Brad

With the media on the smarthphone I have no problems to listen to the music that has been downloaded with my earphones. The problem arises when I want to listen to music of the smartphone with DAB on a music channel. There the earphone goes intermittantly in off and on. On my other motorcycle this problem does not occur. Anyone a suggestion ?

With the media on the smarthphone I have no problems to listen to the music that has been downloaded with my earphones. The problem arises when I want to listen to music of the smartphone with DAB on a music channel. There the earphone goes intermittantly in off and on. On my other motorcycle this problem does not occur. Anyone a suggestion ?
This is exactly the same problem I am having with the R3, and why I made this post.

-Brad

I understand that the bike is seemingly the only variable here. I also run the Cardo packtalk bold, and I can attest that if phone is in my butt pocket, my music audio cuts out intermittently. Something about a phone being surrounded by lipids seems to not be great for BT connection.

I bought the connectivity module for the 2020 rocket gt. I have an IPhone 11 and it does not work with it. I cannot get the map to work, read messages or answer calls. I got music to work but it would drop out very often. I was told that Triumph is working on updates for newer phones so I guess Ill be waiting. Wish I had known, wouldn't have gotten it yet.

Tried several things out and the best result I have to listen to DAB with earplugs and the bike between, is to use roaming and put the wifi off on the smartphone. Is not perfect but I found a radio station that did not go off for about 1 hour. Other radio stations I tried had all different behaveour, meaning the time laps of the on/off was different. This is a major inprovement to the behaveour I had before, intermittant on/off about every 30 seconds. Hopefully Triumph will have a update soon to resolve this issue.

Back