Bluetooth audio (music) constantly dropping out

Just a heads up, I got a reply from the triumph factory saying that
"At this time this will not work with the iphone 11 but they are working to get the update out for this but unfortunately we do not have an eta yet." So if anyone else has iphone 11 here, I guess we are waiting

Just a heads up, I got a reply from the triumph factory saying that
"At this time this will not work with the iphone 11 but they are working to get the update out for this but unfortunately we do not have an eta yet." So if anyone else has iphone 11 here, I guess we are waiting
Glad to hear they are working on a fix, thanks for following up and sharing the news. That said, I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and all the functionality is working. It just cuts out the streaming audio regularly. And after doing some reading on bluetooth, it's possible that the placement of the module/antenna basically underneath and behind you is less than ideal. My other bikes that have BT (build-in, no less) have the components in the dash. Anyhow, fingers crossed for a software fix that solves our issues.

-Brad

Glad to hear they are working on a fix, thanks for following up and sharing the news. That said, I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and all the functionality is working. It just cuts out the streaming audio regularly. And after doing some reading on bluetooth, it's possible that the placement of the module/antenna basically underneath and behind you is less than ideal. My other bikes that have BT (build-in, no less) have the components in the dash. Anyhow, fingers crossed for a software fix that solves our issues.

-Brad
Maybe I will try reconnecting mine Again and seeing if it works a little bit since you can get some functions.. do your maps, phone and messages all work? Because I never got those functions to work at all!

Maybe I will try reconnecting mine Again and seeing if it works a little bit since you can get some functions.. do your maps, phone and messages all work? Because I never got those functions to work at all!
I haven't tried the maps / nav app yet, but everything else works - text messages, phone calls, and the music player. I have the Cardo paired to the phone as phone 1, and the Cardo to the bike as phone 2. And of course the phone paired to the bike as well. This is the same setup that works on my KTM and Indian as well. Good luck!

-Brad

HI all,
Just tried out my BT module for the first time today. As other popsters there seems to be sound issues. All functions work via the joystick and the nav directions, although basic, do a passable job. I have no sound from the nav or music, but make a phone call and it's so loud it makes your ears hurt. I have unpaired everything and re-installed several times but to no avail. I am using a Cardo Packtalk Slim and like others, the the intercom works fine when the phone (iPhone XS Max) is connected direct to the headset and the bike is out of the equation. Hopefully Triumph will get this sorted, I am just glad it was a freebie by the dealer. as it is certainly not worth the money as it is. I think I may just have to use the phone connected direct to the Cardo for phone calls and music and have the connectivity module just take care of the nav, all be it in silence :(.

HI all,
Just tried out my BT module for the first time today. As other popsters there seems to be sound issues. All functions work via the joystick and the nav directions, although basic, do a passable job. I have no sound from the nav or music, but make a phone call and it's so loud it makes your ears hurt. I have unpaired everything and re-installed several times but to no avail. I am using a Cardo Packtalk Slim and like others, the the intercom works fine when the phone (iPhone XS Max) is connected direct to the headset and the bike is out of the equation. Hopefully Triumph will get this sorted, I am just glad it was a freebie by the dealer. as it is certainly not worth the money as it is. I think I may just have to use the phone connected direct to the Cardo for phone calls and music and have the connectivity module just take care of the nav, all be it in silence :(.
I navigate the budget friendly way, with Google maps on the phone and listen only through ear buds :D

After the failed test with earbuds, music stopped mostly about 20 sec to reappear after 20 sec, I tried with a Sena SMH5-FM to listen to the DAB radio and all works fine.The DAB radio stations keep playing music, stations can be choozen by the knob on handlebar, telefone and GPS interrups when needed and music starts playing again after disconnect of phone or message of GPS. The volume however must he handled by the knob of the Sena, the button on the handlebar does not function in this case only. Worth to try if you have a Sena bluetooth device.

I have similar issues with the Cardo unit when sharing music with my passenger, I don't have the Bluetooth module for the Rocket3 yet, but I think this problem is more likely related to having 2-3 devices connected by Bluetooth at the same time

Don't want to change topic, but does this module have to be installed by the dealer? I checked on the Triumph instructions website and it only has a users manual with no Install instructions.
Never mind, found them under the fixing kit part number. seems it needs dealer diagnostic tool to download sh!t.

Last edited:
I seem to remember this being a problem with the Trophy too when it came out, don't remember if they ever fixed it.

Back