Friend of mine had a Yammy Warrior with a bunch of Patrick Racing stuff in it. You ain't kidding when you say they can go. They're good-looking bikes and ride like a dream. Very simple yet effective paint job going on there.

Thanks for all the kind words, it is nice when you take something and make it your own. I've got some pics after the crash take a look.

I'm curious as to what sort of air breather resides on it, if any??

That do look quite repairable. The polished aluminum is clearly apparent.

The greatest fond memory I have of the Virago was that mighty fine touring seat. I don't recall ever complaining of monkey butt syndrome. It quickly went from spunky to dog. Must have been the 65 degree angle of the dangle. I wore it out fast.

Last edited:
Virago 1100

I had a 1986 Virago as well, as you mentioned the seat was very comfortable.

On December 31st, 1986 I made a high speed run from Mayport, FL to my parents home in Cantonment, Fl (approximately 380 miles). I was able to do it in 3 hours and 45 minutes with two gas stops (11:30 am EST to 2:15 pm CST), the speedometer was pegged out just about all the way across, have no idea how hast I was going but it was fast. Because the seat was so comfortable I was able to fill up and jump back on and go.

Unfortunately, after arriving home and giving some of my nephews and nieces a ride around my parent's yard I started back (at a relaxed pace) but ran out of gas just 2 miles shy of Defuniak Springs...I knew I should have filled up.

The day was significant in that I had heard rumors that hardly any police would be out on the highways as they were "resting up" for New Years Eve. Since I didn't get caught (it was kind of stupid to do, sometimes you gotta know your limitations...at the time I didn't) I have to assume it was true.

I wouldn't do it again, I just wanted to see if it could be done (besides I weigh a lot more now, don't think I would get the same results).
Did I mention the bike was a pretty red and black combo, real nice looking in it's day.
Dennis

I'm curious as to what sort of air breather resides on it, if any??

That do look quite repairable. The polished aluminum is clearly apparent.

The greatest fond memory I have of the Virago was that mighty fine touring seat. I don't recall ever complaining of monkey butt syndrome. It quickly went from spunky to dog. Must have been the 65 degree angle of the dangle. I wore it out fast.

The KN's filters are directly on top of the throttle bodies, well really on top of the velocity stacks on the throttle bodies:) . What you see in the pic is a fake it is actually serving as a wiring cover after I removed the stock airbox. Oh and the polished aluminum is looking a little rough, the bike sat out in the weather at the impound lot for two months until the police knew whethter or not I would live. I guess they had to keep it in case a vehicular homicide case was needed.

And I believe it is fixable the only damage to the frame is the steering stop is broken off, all it will take is to have a new one tig welded back in place. Yep I said tig, the frame is aluminum. I have most of the other parts coming from members of the road star warriors forum (rswarriors.com) mostly all I've had to actually pay for is the shipping. They are a very generous bunch over there, and a great group of people to be around. I had 28 pages of well wishes and posts by other members over there. Here is a link to the post about the accident http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43290. Like I said they are a great group of guys and I bet that the folks over here are just as caring for fallien brothers and the like.

Hope to see you at Thunder on the Rock.

Back