billmac

.020 Over
Just though I would tell you about the mods I did to my bike and my insurance company.
This probably won’t apply to our USA and OZ members however it might be of interest to UK members. I am at the age now where I am taking less chances in life and there has been a lot of bad press about insurance companies not paying out on claims on bikes with mods. Anyway I have done a few things on my bike KN filters PC3 etc etc so I rang up my insurance company (Devitt) and told them of the changes. 10 mins later they are on the phone telling me that my insurance will be suspended in 5 days as they won’t insure a bike with a PC3 - thanks a lot Devitt. So I am on the net looking for insurance. I got quotes ranging from £2000 to £220. Devitt I was paying £90 so I took insurance with Carole Nash @ £216. So fitting a PC3 has cost me £275 for a PC3 + £126 more insurance so if I keep the bike 3years PC3 has cost me £653 $ 1,054. Oh well its just money and I have not told them about the TORs.:)
Was out on the bike today just around the block as no road tax on bike.:D:D:D

PS
Carole Nash won’t insure my wheels as I have had them powder coated and won’t insure the PC3 or any other mod I have done.:eek:

You're correct, your tale doesn't apply to us in the USA. Here, it's perfectly legal for the insurance company to take your money for years and years and then laugh in your face, suck the juice out of your snow cone, grab your woman's ass, and then bend you over and give it to you without any lube whilst telling you to crap in one hand and wish for a pay out from them in the other and see which hand fills up first. :eek:

Get right back on the horn with them and say you took it off. Since it's just a plug in component, you can just remove it if they want to see.
You can also download the programming from it into a Tuneboy or TuneECU program and just upload it to the bike's ECM, that way they won't know about it.
If the TuneECU upload works you can just sell the PCIII here on the site.

Those are just suggestions to your dilemma, I don't live in the UK so I don't know what you can get away with. Hope you figure out a solution soon.

Colourful as always Daryl. :D I haven't checked with my insurance co so maybe a good idea I did. I actually think they might use lube here but I'm not sure that's any better....

I was told by my local Triumph dealer that fitting a PC voids your warranty. Presumably same goes for a Dobec. Tripples and TORS are OK though, but not removing secondaries. I asked if that meant they'd rather I ran the engine lean and damaged it that way. Got no answer. Wonder if adding a GiPro would also be problematic???

Back