Been a few years....

rocketjohn

Top Fuel
Ride
was a 2013 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
Well, I totalled my R3T back in 2018....went bikeless for a few months and picked up a 1989 FLTCU which I am in the process of rebuilding...then picked up a cherry 1991 FXRS with low miles....it just needs some taillight work but pulls wheelies easy. I confess the new Rockets alienated me something fierce...but used R3T's are out there and some low miles for some reason...I may pick one up one of these days...

Oh, and I reckon where used R3T's are concerned, any given one is probably being offered by someone who frequents this place.

Haven't really been paying attention but when I search the tinterwebs I see bikes that look oddly familiar. While on hand I would hate to take a bike from someone that enjoyed good miles...I wouldn't hate it so much to keep from plunking out the coins...especially if the price was nice. I guess if I pull the trigger it will have to wait til after the first of the year....we getting a new contract in our union and the first raise in three years...with inflation and all we NEED it.

I understand the shortage of money because everyone is feeling the crunch to some degree. I have an almost new 2020 R3 GT , all black and looks like all the others.
I don't fit so good on this bike and for that reason the milage is rather low (1400) actual. It has had all maintenance done right on time and needless to say it is in showroom condition! It has a Corbin Gunfighter Seat and saddlebag supports already attached. I would like to keep it but my folks think that I am goofy for even having it. I looked up KKK Bluebook and was shocked at it's value. I have the original seat which goes with the bike. I see a KKK value of wholesale= $17,000,00 retail= $21000.00. You would have a rather long ride home but if these numbers sound like a deal you would have , let me know and I'll give you my telephone number here in Reno , Nevada .

You aren’t the not one that was not a fan of the new Rockets. I did buy one and kept the old Roadster and love them both but they are very different. The forum has grown substantially though with the new bike as it has attracted a new crowd. A few owners of the old models have come to appreciate the new ones but there is no touring model. Good luck hunting your R3T.

Never going to buy a 2.5 rocket…you just can’t go properly touring on them without significant upgrades. The R3T was perfect with capacious hard saddlebags and your tbag you could tour like a boss! If I get another trumpet, that and only that will be what I get.

Never going to buy a 2.5 rocket…you just can’t go properly touring on them without significant upgrades. The R3T was perfect with capacious hard saddlebags and your tbag you could tour like a boss! If I get another trumpet, that and only that will be what I get.
Understand. It's really a Speed Triple upgrade with the R3 lineage... BUT, I hope to find out one day if I'm able to grow the stable...
-MIG

Back