BanjoBart got a new Rocket

Sidecar Flip

Living Legend
20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
My mother-in-law just called to tell my wife (Amy) that Bart got a New R3. She said it's red....., but is it GAY??

Tomo:
Looks like next year there will be 2 of us coming out, that is if we survive the ride. Bart and I are real competitive when we ride together, especially in a straight line.

This brother-in-law of mine has way too many bikes for a mortal. Of course, you can't count VTX's as bikes right?? Minus them, he has 2 which is about right.

2 Rockets in one family....OUTRAGEOUS

Last edited:
Congratulations Bart!!

Ole' Flip's kinda on your case ... don't the two of you go killin' yourselves with these things, things happen fast over 100 mph!!

Hey... we need some picks

Red paint, black motor, 2006. I needed a red bike to go with the black and blue bikes. Always wanted a red one.

I have a Windvest 16x16 windshield on order and a Cat Box Bypass coming, too. I like the sound without the cat box, the demo Rocket I rode had this feature. I do not like loud pipes but I don't want to ride a sewing machine either.

Also on order is the exhaust flange cover by Rivco, a chrome brake reservoir cover and a K&N air filter.

I yanked the under seat snorkel, labels and reflectors off first thing. Now I can store papers, maps, etc. under the seat.

I sat on it for two 100 mile rides down the back roads already (2.5 hours each without a break) and the bike seems comfortable. I may not buy risers and a gel seat, at least not until next year. I would like to travel on this bike and may get Saddlemen bags with the EZ brackets. I will not purchase Leatherlykes again. I also use a Cruiser Bag with backrest fastened on the pasenger seat on long trips, I have to carry a CPAP machine with me.

This Rocket is a very fine machine that will last as long as me. I am very pleased. I also did the zero down, 4.9% five year finance deal which saves me $1,320 over the 8% at my credit union charges. This deal expies 9/30/06. Three bike payments and a truck payment, I don't have any money but I owe a lot of it. The house is paid off, though which makes this bike buying insanity possible. I am very happy, I have craved a Rocket III since I first saw one two years ago. It is a bug eyed beast. Not too pretty but not ugly either. In my view the Triumphs, VTX's and V-Rod are in a class all their own. All good cruisers that will serve the owner well.

I have been riding three years now and have logged 50,000 miles. My favorite rides are the UP of Michigan, Colorado and the Blue Ridge/Cherohala/Deals Gap area of Virginia, Tennesee and NC. Southern Ohio is nice, too.

I could do the UP.... I would like to get up to Reed City and Wolf lake in the middle of the lower penninsula... my family's old stomping grounds.