tbh the R3 dual seat is NOT well suited to a backpack. It is a stepped seat so the pack has to sit fairly high. And forget it if you have a riders backrest.
I planned to use a pack I have that splits into two parts for my UK trip. But agree with the aforementioned comments about Backpacks on bikes.

Or a pillion! ;):D:eek::roll::roll:

I bought a trailer to put all my wife and I's kit in for road trips - they were usually to camp outs - so we wouldn't look like gypsies with gear tied to every available spot on the bike. Best investment EVER!

I agree re the kriega. I have had the R30 for several years and used it to take my laptop to work. Fully water proof and worth the money. I now have the messenger bag too.

I agree re the kriega. I have had the R30 for several years and used it to take my laptop to work. Fully water proof and worth the money. I now have the messenger bag too.

Watching a couple on ebay and hoping they don't go silly as they do seem to be the best out there

One day I put my bag down beside the bike when fuelling. I forgot to pick it up and rode away dragging the bag several yards. It would have torn any other bag to shreds. It had hardly a mark on it.

One day I put my bag down beside the bike when fuelling. I forgot to pick it up and rode away dragging the bag several yards. It would have torn any other bag to shreds. It had hardly a mark on it.
If you are thinking of doing this more often - Get a Dyneema pack.

Back