Back wheel transmission oil

Mikescard

Standard Bore
Ride
2004 triumph rocket
Hey all.. The back wheel transmission oil in my 2004 rocket is really black.. On changing the oil and doing a 100 miles it is again very black?.. I have no noises or anything that I can notice unusual.. Any help would be much appreciated.. Mike

Hey all.. The back wheel transmission oil in my 2004 rocket is really black.. On changing the oil and doing a 100 miles it is again very black?.. I have no noises or anything that I can notice unusual.. Any help would be much appreciated.. Mike
What exactly are you using? Just curious, I changed mine the beginning of the year, I just got it this year, an 08, and it was very black, going to change it first chance I get, so I'm interested in what people have to say.
I used Delvac Mobile Lube, full synthetic 75-90w it was pretty clear going in!! I think all the manual call's for is a hypiod synthetic oil

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-082215.jpg
    Screenshot_20211114-082215.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
U will have to change it again (every 500 miles) untill it clears up then i change it every time i replace rear tire.
Mine was black at 6000 miles.

U will have to change it again (every 500 miles) untill it clears up then i change it every time i replace rear tire.
Mine was black at 6000 miles.
Many thanks for for your reply.. So from what your saying is its not something that's caused by a lot of damage?

Back