Anyone used ACF50

Looks cool, I've never seen that before. I've used a different product you spray on bare metal after welding so you can let your piece sit for a long time until you get it finished or finally painted. It goes on clear as well, might be a similar idea. I think the stuff I used is ZIM or SEM or something like that. I just borrow it from the welders on occasion. Our climate is pretty dry so corrosion is not really an issue. Well maybe in a trailer plug, they always seem to end up on the ground.

Last edited:
But is it better than Pledge?

No-Pledge is a cleaner and should be used before applying ACF 50;)

ACF 50 is a protective coating.

It was developed for aircraft.
Great stuff if you are storing your bike for the winter or if you are riding on salty roads.
Wonderful for alloy wheels. (keep off rubber and brakes)

Note: He is correct about putting something on the floor. If not you will bust your bum or if you move the bike it will slide right out from under you. Stuff is like liquid snot.

Also makes the bike easier to clean.

Gets the BillyIndiana 5 stars.

Been using it for ages. Not thought of using it for gun storage - You might want to see how it reacts to fire or be VERY fastidious cleaning. It creeps absolutely everywhere. My mate Jim in the US who had an aircraft restoration company told me that after applying Nothing will stick to any surface it is on for a good 3 months. - ime if you get it on leather you may have something stuck to - the adhesive will just let go.

Back