Anyone successfully modded the exhaust?

Looks like the standard system with no mods visible from the outside. I have emailed them with a request for more details on the adjustable valves which sound interesting
The video dosnt show a muffler on the left side and im wondering if its just a pipe coming straight from the headers and splitting into two and incorporating the stock 'mufflers'...for want of a better word.

Reading through the translated text it looks like you send them your complete system (minus headers) and they just modify it and return it to you a couple of weeks later. They mention the three end caps so I think they keep the left silencer intact
Here is another excerpt.

"At the exhaust end of your original exhaust system, the original rear silencer insert is replaced by the adjustable special insert/dB killer "T-300" and the internal exhaust structure is reworked"

I like the idea of having an adjustable system - it reminds me of a Supertrapp exhaust on my old XT500,

The Werkes system does indeed have a nice roar but is a bit too 'conventional' in appearance if you see what I mean. The original design just looks 'right' on this bike and I don't want to change the overall look if possible. The only systems that even come close are Zard and Vandemon. The Zard is a non-starter for me because it will burn my panniers - shame really as that curved design is wonderful. The Vandemon is much more like it and has a funky electronic control for sound level ...... but the price is sooooo outside my budget :oops::eek:
Vandemon has a lesser priced option without the solenoid operated valve.
Triumph Rocket 3 R & GT Titanium Slip-On Mufflers

Triumph Rocket 3 R & GT Titanium Slip-On Mufflers
+54% More Torque@2500rpm after tune

This slip-on muffler does away with the heavy steel muffler & catalytic converter in the same way that our STEALTH E-VALVE slip-on provides but without the sound switching capability. This enables us to offer an exhaust at a more competitive price with the same peak sound and performance increase as the STEALTH Slip-On. Apart from a significant weight saving, this exhaust will provide a deep triple sound without that annoying and dirty sound that so many after-market exhausts offer.

The system consists of two titanium mufflers and link pipes on both the left and right sides and attaches to the OEM exhaust manifold, which is very simple to install, taking only 30 minutes.

Appearance:
The surface finish is natural brushed titanium which won't stain, corrode or need polishing as titanium has a very high acid and salt resistance and dissipates heat twice as fast as steel.
Material: Ti1 Titanium Mufflers and Link pipes
Surface finish: natural brushed
Weight: 4.5kg (OEM Mufflers and Cat 12.2kg)
Production years: 2020-2022
Power +54% Torque@2500rpm & +25% Hp@6760rpm
From 133hp to 165hp@6760rpm
From 120nm@2500rpm to 185nm@2500rpm
Peak Torque From 172nm@5380rpm to 200nm@3870rpm
Performance figures achieved after flash tune & DNA air filter
Not Euro 4 or Euro 5 compliant
IMPORTANT! Vandemon Exhaust systems are designed for performance and modest sound improvements. We at Vandemon do not try to meet noise emission standards because the results would be no different than what your OEM exhaust can already achieve. Check with your country's governing body regarding noise emission standards rules and regulations.

Now that is a bit more affordable, although they are on the other side of the world from me. I have asked them for shipping cost - not sure if there will be customs charges or VAT to add, which might be a deal-breaker
UPDATE: Yep, 20% VAT plus another potential 20% Customs duty makes anything from outside the UK ridiculously expensive. I have found a Zard on sale in UK but can I live with the burning panniers? I think not :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well im not in the UK but i am in Christchurch...NZ.
An engineering friend of mine who builds exhaust systems for motorcycles built me an exhaust system for my 2020 GT when i had it.
I too liked the look of the original pipes and wanted to keep that look.
I wanted to keep the cat box in original condition in case i needed it further down the track so a 'Boom box' was built after a jig using the original cat box was built. The boom box is a series of perforated pipes inside a steel box with some sound insulation wrapped around them. The box itself sits perfectly in place and has only one pipe existing the 'mufflers' (on each side of the bike) instead of a small one inside a bigger one. The sound is deeper yet not obtrusive...i love it and since then he has built several more for other clients....
I would say if you can find a similar engineer they could build something the same.
Do you think he would be interested in doing another. If he does builds a new box and does not need my one I would be keen for him to do one. I am in WA but my son is in Chch (Oxford) and can liase with him.
cheers

Do you think he would be interested in doing another. If he does builds a new box and does not need my one I would be keen for him to do one. I am in WA but my son is in Chch (Oxford) and can liase with him.
cheers
Yes he will...he has done a few for different guys already. He does say the fitting of the covers that look like the mufflers are very fiddly as each bike is different in the bolt spacings for some reason....Get your son to give Corey a ring at 'Davinci Steelcraft'...in Christchurch.
THIS IS IT when i had it on my 2020 GT...for some obscure reason the video is back the front...i took it off the 2020 GT and put it on my Triple Black.

Last edited:
Reading through the translated text it looks like you send them your complete system (minus headers) and they just modify it and return it to you a couple of weeks later. They mention the three end caps so I think they keep the left silencer intact
Here is another excerpt.

"At the exhaust end of your original exhaust system, the original rear silencer insert is replaced by the adjustable special insert/dB killer "T-300" and the internal exhaust structure is reworked"

I like the idea of having an adjustable system - it reminds me of a Supertrapp exhaust on my old XT500,
You have to send them the standard system....got it back after about 14 days! Absolutly easy and perfect sound for my 221!

Last edited:
The R3 is a superb design and streets ahead of the old R111 (sorry guys but I have had both) The ONLY thing that bugs me is the lack of growl from the exhaust (really miss the bark of the Dave Platt system on my R111) I LOVE the look of it and don't want to change the appearance at all - just the internals. I've read about Meerkat's mods over in Oz but there is very little information on how to do this so has anyone found a way to mod the standard exhaust in the UK?
I'm looking at new Rocket III's right now, thinking the chrome one really appeals to me, but I think the two little stubby standard mufflers are ugly and a little weird. It's a three cylinder bike, so why do the standard exhaust and most of the aftermarket exhausts terminate in two mufflers? I saw a bunch of these awesome bikes in Hinkley at the Triumph factory museum and in the parking lot, first time I've seen these on the road. Not one had anything but two strangely stubby mufflers. My Hurricane's three cylinders feed into three mufflers, which is very eye-catching and unique, commented on even by people who know nothing about Triumph's heritage. I want a triple which has electric start, functional brakes and which can handle a long highway ride. Does any company making aftermarket exhausts make a system with three mufflers? Or, do I need to have this custom-made at great expense to get a Rocket III with three separate exhaust outlets? Or, plan B, is my only option a single megaphone? If so, which aftermarket set gives a deep sound appropriate to a massive 2.5L engine?

I think we can all agree that an exhaust system can make or break a bike's visual impact and the Hurricane's distinctive three pipes made it instantly recognisable ...... from the right side anyway. The R3 has three pipes as standard and the network of pipes inside the muffler assembly is ridiculously complex to achieve the three outlets (1 on the left and 2 on the right) Aftermarket systems are often designed to simplify these overly complex systems, deleting cats in the process and saving a lot of weight. As a result, they often just exit in a single pipe. With the R3, it is quite tricky to get all of the plumbing into such a small space and still have something which is attractive to look at and practical to use with panniers (the Zard will burn them).
To have three long mufflers like the Hurricane, would be out of character with the rest of the bike and look too 'retro' in my opinion - the R3 is a 21st century design and deserves to be treated as such. Makers like Zard, Vandemon etc make very modern looking systems (at a very high price) and there are more traditional systems available from makers like Werkes and Dave Platt (his Patriot system for example) with pipes on both sides. It's all a matter of personal choice
Personally, I love the standard system which really suits the bike in my opinion - anything else just spoils it for me. My only gripe was the lack of 'sound attitude' but this is correctable with some simple modifications (see the Meerkat mod) and achieves the deep growl that really suits the bike.
That said, owning a motorcycle is all about being an individual and it would be a boring world if we all rode the same bike. So if you want individuality, be prepared to pay a price to achieve it but don't expect to please everyone. :cool:

Back