Anybody else go to Pirate Con...errr, I mean Bike Week?

Dealers have to possess a serious amount of motivation and have a solid business plan to move units. The Harley Dealer may have more margin built into each sale, but they are also doing serious marketing and event planning to keep the sales going. It's crazy the money they spend, but it's still something that HD appears to be best suited for.
Well, since that dealership I mentioned has been in business at least 10 years (possibly much longer, but the first time I went there was 10 years ago) and still selling BMW and Ducati, I'm going to go ahead and venture a guess that they have the necessary motivation and business plans in place to sell motorcycles. Call it a hunch.

Whether they have the particular motivation and/or business plans in place to sell Triumph motorcycles in particular may be another matter. But if not, then the factors which prevent this would seem to be unique to Triumph themselves, rather than the multi-line dealerships that have dropped/were dropped by Triumph, yet continue to do business selling other brands.

...Despite what participants are doing right/wrong, if the business plan isn't made neither side can live on what they lose.

All they have to do is sell more. If your losing money, sell more and you'll make it up in volume.
At least that's what the government thinks. They're in the red so they spend more:banghead:

Back