Amazing Barn Find!!

I don't have much to update, this has gone onto the back burner for a bit.

I'll be going up to Baxter's Rally on the 16th and 17th of August and hope to score a few parts that I would like to get for it. I want to find a different exhaust, possibly a sweptback, Siamese, or TT setup, just something sexier than stock. I also wouldn't mind a Joe Hunt or ARD. There are some little BS things I need also. And some rearsets. I have found all of these things on the net and elsewhere but I like to support my local bike shop if I can.

I did narrow the 4 LS brake to fit the Triumph forks but I am having trouble with the front axle. I really should have it turned on a lathe and it would be really easy, but one of the machine shops I normally use has vanished (out of business), another guy I know that has a lathe passed away (so it will be awhile before he gets to it) and as of yet I just haven't found anyone who can do it. I just need to reduce the outside diameter of the axle to fit the Triumph lower axle clamps.... I could almost do it on a grinder, but I would like to have it exact so it doesn't work loose while the bike is being ridden. That would suck to have the front wheel come loose at 70 mph.

I did ride it for a few days back in June and it runs pretty good. It has a surprising amount of poop for an old pushrod motor. If I ever get it done :D it will be a fun toy.

Tomo:

Put the axle in your luggage and bring it to ES. I'll need the inside dimension of the leg bore and I'll turn the axle for you and send it back and I'll pay the postage. I'll even centerless grind it if ya want it too.:eek:

Back