Aces & Eights Ride (Eastern TN) July 20-21st

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
Edit: The Aces & Eights Ride is the new plan for Sunday.

Weather and work dependent, I'm looking at a one or two day ride in eastern TN/western NC doing the Cherohala Skyway, The Dragon, and other related routes.

I'll probably camp at Hunts Lodge Motorcycle Campground.

This forum doesn't seem to be used anymore, so not sure if this will fall on deaf ears or, help jump start the forum. I'd be interested in meeting other riders in the region.

If you're interested in meeting up on this trip or others, let me know.....

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 8.26.50 AM.png

Last edited:
Awesome riding there. Doesnt get much better!

iron Horse motorcycle lodge is an excellent choice also. Ive stayed there several times.

Enjoy the ride!

Suggest you sketch out a plan, and post it. That will make it real and allow others to join their own plans and/or react.

Weather and work dependent, I'm looking at a one or two day ride in eastern TN/western NC doing the Cherohala Skyway, The Dragon, and other related routes.

I'll probably camp at Hunts Lodge Motorcycle Campground.

This forum doesn't seem to be used anymore, so not sure if this will fall on deaf ears or, help jump start the forum. I'd be interested in meeting other riders in the region.

If you're interested in meeting up on this trip or others, let me know.....

i did this ride last summer need to do it again as it is only about 4hrs from my location; fellas- if you have done this need to do it the skyway is the desert the dragon is the entree

Just noticed the dates on this. It is a Monday and Tuesday. Hard to get people in the week on such short notice.

Looking at the weather Sunday the 21st and Monday have the most promising forecast, but of course in the mountains we won't know for sure until we're actually in it. The rest of the month following that looks like 60% rain days. I think those two are our best best.

I would suggest we meet up Sunday late morning, Saturday looks like a washout, with an optional Monday ride for those who can stay over. I'm glad to see some interest here.

Here's the weather report from Tellico Plains at this point in time...

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 11.46.49 AM.png

Disclaimer: I teach at a Community College and am off until August 1st, but I'm also a commercial photographer. There's always a chance a photo shoot could come up that would derail my plans, but I think that's highly unlikely that weekend. I plan to be there weather permitting.

Looking at the weather Sunday the 21st and Monday have the most promising forecast, but of course in the mountains we won't know for sure until we're actually in it. The rest of the month following that looks like 60% rain days. I think those two are our best best.

I would suggest we meet up Sunday late morning, Saturday looks like a washout, with an optional Monday ride for those who can stay over. I'm glad to see some interest here.

Here's the weather report from Tellico Plains at this point in time...

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 11.46.49 AM.png

Disclaimer: I teach at a Community College and am off until August 1st, but I'm also a commercial photographer. There's always a chance a photo shoot could come up that would derail my plans, but I think that's highly unlikely that weekend. I plan to be there weather permitting.
:roll::roll::roll::roll: You believe the weather report!! Your a funny man.
Ok I will see what Jay says for Sunday. Should be doable

Back