Abate Toy run Tulsa Oklahoma 2018

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Just got a phone call. Run is rescheduled for the 16th. Weather i guess is just going to be a bit rough for most. Glad they called would have looked pretty dam% dumb showing up on the wrong day. Either how. How many of you Okies plan to attend? A good breakfast joint prior to one of the biggest runs around would be nice. Come on folks this is for the Marines toys for Tots. Being a former Marine support this run 100 percent. Just suck it up and ride. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ain't got nothing better to do the rest of the night but to keep this thread on the front page. Weather sucks and was not planning on going anywhere anyhow. :roll::roll::roll::roll: Breakfast will be on me if that helps any :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Toy runs are only one of the many fundraisers that Abate does. Abate's a great group and I belong to my local chapter. You guys should support your states chapter by joining for $20.00 a year. We are a motorcycle rights organization. The main purpose of Abate is to watch and go after any legislation thats anti-motorcycle or anti-rider. We have people and lawyers who go up to your states capital to lobby for us bikers and to go up against any potential legislation that might be detrimental to us. Even if you never attend a meeting the $20.00 really helps to support us and be able to continue. Abate also has a social side with rides, parties and get togethers. Google Abate of (your state) and you will find info.

Well i'll be dam%. One down how about the rest of you folks? Kind of figured you chime in Lupe. The last restaurant we stopped at seemed pretty good to me.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: I'll let you order.:D:D:D:D:D Good food and don't won't nothing to get to get mistaken in the translation. Good food and i'll buy to anyone interested. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: would be nice to see more than three rockets in the sea of Harley's.

Well how about it. Toys are bought and bike needs a good cleaning but what happened here? Ain't heard shi% to halo on any riders. Not upset or surprised. Figured by now we would have a restaurant and arrival times figured out. Gonna be cold but dry. Oh well life goes on. Been making smart #ss comments and still ride the runs solo for the last three years. Out side of one. (Lupe) Come on folks get it together. One day for a good cause and you can not hold it together enough to get away from life and the daily hassles on a Sunday? W.T.F.? Plenty of Harley riders make it:cool::cool::cool::cool: Ain't saying much for the Rocket committee here in Oklahoma. Kind of sad. Oh well will keep pushing it. Get the $uck off your easy chair and ride:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Maybe next year. I"m riding tomorrow. This time going to take the camera with me and post some pictures when i get back. This will be the 39th run for this event. David Allan who died of a heart attack about six years ago was one of the guys who started this run. A Ex Marine who thought it would be a good idea to develop support for the Toys For Tots in Tulsa. Knew him well. Him and a few friends who most have passed away got together and made a unofficial run. They started out from the Tulsa fairgrounds and rode down riverside drive to a official drop off location for Toys For Tots. Now it is the biggest run in Oklahoma. They load semi truck beds with toys. Have made this run every year since 2005. Gonna get the bike all shined up. Weather finally broke and looks like it will cold but clear. Good enough for me. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sonny,
Good on ya' for being involved. May you be warmed on the ride by the thoughts of the children that receive the gifts:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back