A question about the GT and R out the door price.

Mighty Mouse

It's All In The Reflexes!
Ride
Your girlfriend
For you guys that have purchased the new Rocket. Did you have to pay full price or did you get a deal? I know it's in demand but will the dealers bend any on the $21,900 and the $22,600 price tag. Maybe throw in an aftermarket accessory or something. I'm sure taxes vary (especially here in high tax Cali) as does 'set up' charges. Just curious on pricing.

For you guys that have purchased the new Rocket. Did you have to pay full price or did you get a deal? I know it's in demand but will the dealers bend any on the $21,900 and the $22,600 price tag. Maybe throw in an aftermarket accessory or something. I'm sure taxes vary (especially here in high tax Cali) as does 'set up' charges. Just curious on pricing.
I just brought home my GT last night. I live in SoCal. I traded in my 2017 R3 Roadster and paid sticker, but got discounts on the accessories. CA registration $ is criminal.

Since they are new and few and selling fast they are going to gouge the customers till more bikes are available and then they will make some deals

I just brought home my GT last night. I live in SoCal. I traded in my 2017 R3 Roadster and paid sticker, but got discounts on the accessories. CA registration $ is criminal.
I have a TFC coming that I will sell as I want a GT to modify and I wouldnt do that to the TFC being a numbered limited edition bike

Not much wiggle room I'm a tough notigator (not)! Payed sticker as well and upgrade to protect electronics gizmos for 7 years my main concern ,this bike is a muscle bike for sure handles like a dirt bike on steroids my
Wife complained about her seating arrangements no big seat or side bracing like a big hog same price bike
So that's why I keeping my 07 classic with new bags thanks spainard and r3 forum keeping it real
22.6 plus 1400 for gizmos warranty

Yesterday - I took my R3X for MOT test ( passed with no advisories) and took a GT out on test ride. Previously I have had the R3R for the day but wanted to try the GT. When I went to pick up my R3X - there was a gathering around my bike. I parked the GT next to mine and got questioned re my feelings. Both the new bikes are and feel smaller ( feel like I'm sat on top of the bike and not a part of the bike) The power ( on all settings) is not as fierce as my own bike and its presence not as commanding. These are my opinion only. I had riders asking me if my bike was coming in for sale - NO! Please don't think it's down to cost - I could buy one outright but would hate the instant depreciation on leaving forecourt. Must say the GT is more comfortable than the R version. But to sum up - I'm sticking with my X

Back