2020 Indian Challenger engine details revealed

What do you think a stock Rocket makes at the back wheel??? give you a wee clue --it is nowhere near 147
The Chalenger will be a nice strong touring bike full of new stuff but not meant to compete with a Rocket. If someone needs huge power they just need to stay with the Rocket.:thumbsup: I think you made a good point.;)

They are saying it is the best in class as far as power, They are lying about that. Yes it is nice and like it a lot but the bike ain't all that. I have spent over a year looking at bikes and have a simple checklist. So far nothing has passed. Power is not the only factor. This bike is missing several key factors. Still looking:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

103 would still get you admittance into an "elite club" from another mfg. And cost you big $$$.

@Dr.D is right. If you're looking for BIG power at moderate cost on a big bike; you're looking for another Rocket. :)

I get it though. I'm still tempted to sell my RM and buy a low mileage 18" touring, put on a fairing and topbox, install a McCruise and hope parts are available for the next 30 years.

103 would still get you admittance into an "elite club" from another mfg. And cost you big $$$.

@Dr.D is right. If you're looking for BIG power at moderate cost on a big bike; you're looking for another Rocket. :)

I get it though. I'm still tempted to sell my RM and buy a low mileage 18" touring, put on a fairing and topbox, install a McCruise and hope parts are available for the next 30 years.
I'm not selling my RM as it is to comfortable and capable as a real week long bike. I accept that the day I need the big power I have to ride the Rocket and let Sandy carry stuff in her bagger.;)

I just read that 'Rider' mag did an article on the Indian Challenger and got 107.6 hp and 113.3 lbs on the Jett dyno. Not too shabby although it's over 800 lbs.
I saw that and used those numbers in the other thread comparing my CDH of 101/130. It was pointed out that I had to spend quite a bit to get the 116 bike to do that.:rolleyes: This is best in class for a bike like that I think.

Back