2toneblue

.040 Over
Ride
2009 rocket III touring
yesterday 7:00am rode 63mi. from carlisle,Pa. to Fredricktown Ma. fredricktown yamaha/triumph. temp. was a brisk 22'f, spent 12 hr. there and still didn't have time to adj. the valves intake ok exhaust all out of speck. it will now wait till a little warmer weather. my dealer closed in september, first time at new dealer. ride was good except on the way down half way there hands were too cold stoped for 10 mins. to warm up and back on my way . ride home was during rush hour and it was dark i don't like riding this time of the year at night too many deer trying to get to the other side of the road .:eek:

I did they give you a rain check on the valve adjustment or are they going to try to charge you again just curious. Check out Nordic gear electric gloves I have them work well one D cell battery in each glove I made a run a couple of weeks ago down below Knoxville 388 miles round-trip 32° that was bad enough picked up Bunkhouse camper and came home. I am getting too old for cold rides knees do not like it.

You say the exhaust valves were all out of spec. Were they loose, tight, or? If they were loose did you hear any valve noise? I've heard just the opposite. R3 valves are usually in spec at 10,000 mi. :confused:

they only charged to check them , they said it would be $200.00 to do the job next time. it was $600.00 to do the rest of the service.

I did they give you a rain check on the valve adjustment or are they going to try to charge you again just curious. Check out Nordic gear electric gloves I have them work well one D cell battery in each glove I made a run a couple of weeks ago down below Knoxville 388 miles round-trip 32° that was bad enough picked up Bunkhouse camper and came home. I am getting too old for cold rides knees do not like it.

Try picking up a cheap pair of Floor Tilers Knee pads it gives a bit of air space between ya knee and ya pants on those long cold rides ;)

:eek: $600.00 and you didn't get the valves adjusted???? You got hosed dude. That's an awful expensive oil change!!

Go a little further up to State College and go to Kissels, Tim is probably the best Rocket mechanic in the country (he got lots of practice on my '05 &'06. And they are fair on pricing. Besides it's a nice ride up through Port Royal and over the mountain. :D

Yes $600.00 is high. My dealer quoted me around $400.00 w/valves adjusted. I will do the valves my self, but if you look at what needs to be done at 10,000 miles, $600.00 is highway robbery!

I called three places to get quotes fredrick, hermes and kissels fred. and kissels both gave the same price. hermers price was $100 more. price from all three were for service/with valve check. no adj. that was $200-$250 more.

Back