Reliability, buying decision

I've got 35,000 miles on my 2006 R3 standard, and only had it checked out for a fuel guage issue. No other problems. Had the valves checked at 10,000 miles, but no adjustments needed. Added some Jardines and a PC111 package somewhere
around 10,000 miles and have had more fun with it ever since. I run synthetic 20-50 SAE Mobile 1 or Suzuki and KnM Oil and Air Filter, every 10,000 miles. Getting ready to replace the rear break pads, but the duel front pads may get another season.

This MC has been a very reliable crouch rocket for me. Maybe it was manufactured in the middle of the week!?

2005 - R3 Std.

I had noisy output shaft bearing problem took it to the dealer who contacted Triumph, they supplied full engine upgrade kit under warranty.. this was 4 years into the bikes life but only 11000 Ks on the clock and I was the second owner at 10000 Ks in 2009.

My bike runs Great with the 09 Engine Mods..
I have to say Triumph where very fair in my case even though I paid the labour cost.
I was very happy to get the 09 upgrade kit FOC..:D

Note..
As far as I am aware it was only the Early Silver Motor that had these problems.
2300cc of Up-gradable Power.. Hell I would Buy another Triumph R3 in a Heart Beat..
:D

Haven’t been here in a while, but thought I’d chime in. After years of dealing with multiple issues on my standard Rocket, I learned that Triumph can make warranty claims a very difficult process for their dealers. I experienced two dealers refuse to service my Rocket while it was under warranty. Neither dealer even offered to get a warranty approval from Triumph. They simply chose not to do the work.

Though I’m prevented from discussing my relationship with Triumph, I’ll just say that a law referenced by a certain fruit played a role in my owning and riding a R3T. I never had problems with the Touring, but my history with Triumph weighed too heavy … so I sold it after just a few thousand miles. Having said that, and having owned both a Standard and a Touring, I thought the Standard was more fun to ride. But the Touring was eye candy.

i have had no real problem to speak of on my 08 r3t which i bought in may of 09 have right at 48000 miles on it the only problem beside the tire recall was a blown head gasket at bout 9500 miles which was fixed under warrenty and i had a plug for my fog lights to melt which was my fault for running to hot of a bulb and i would consider getting another one
btw also had a 06 classic which had a blown head gasket at bout 13000 miles

I had an 08 R3T for about 3 years, it spent about 9 months total (in and out) of the shop being repaired for multiple problems, though most of the time it was in the shop, was waiting on parts.
The shifter broke, that took nearly two months to get replaced.
Had multiple leaks around the radiator due to hoses being installed wrong.
The ignition switch went out, then the wiring harness burned up (I don't have any proof, but I'm guessing it's because they screwed up installing the new ignition switch). The wiring harness burning up left me stranded in Missouri, causing me to have to rent a U-haul to get it back to Georgia.
The third time the electrical system went out (first being ignition switch, second the wiring harness) I traded it in. It had no electrical when I traded it, so I got royally shafted on the trade in value, but warranty was up and I was leaving 2 days later to go on a 3,000 mile trip...
I loved my rocket, it looked great and was fun to ride, but I wouldn't trust it any further than to get back and forth to work.
And there were other little problems...
anyway, if you get one, I hope your luck was better than mine.

Run, don't walk away from the Rocket in any form. Triumph didn't back their product with me to the tune of $3600 and almost half a year (21 weeks) in the shop with less than 2,000 miles on a new bike.

Cannot say enough bad about Triumphs customer service and after the sale support, especially from corporate....BUYER BEWARE!!!

I own 3 of the newer triumph's a 2002 America..2007 1050 tiger....2009 Rocket tour and still have all 3 bike's ..and love all of them had a lean to the left with the rocket turned out to be the the crappy ME 880 Marathon tire and was fixed at no cost to me triumph covered the cost ..so guys are you sure it's not your dealer screwing you over ????all my bikes have ran great and I would buy another Triumph in a hart beat:D

Ed:cool:

I'm on my 3rd Rocket and only prob I've had was leakin rear diff on my current 08.I had different experiance with Triumph who replaced rear bevel box free of charge when the bike was out of warranty.:)

Had my Roadster 10months, only 8000km, I have a few small issues, there is a very small coolant leak at the bottom of the water pump, the dealer has not replace the pump yet but I keep reporting it to him, Triumph say they have not had this problem so the dealer can't replace the pump, it use to drop about 500mils of coolant out of the coolant overflow pipe every now and then but this stopped after I took the radiator cap off and gave it a good blow out, for some reason the clutch cable won't stay in the guide and have rubbed through the outer section of the cable, a very small section started to come apart, Triumph are replacing the seat.
Had the relay recall done by Triumph at 7000km. No problems.
It seems the warranty procedure with Triumph is strange and not that customer friendly the dealer has to get approval before they can carry out any warranty work.
my dear is very good the service manager does everything he can to give customer satisfaction.
Having said this I am a very happy Roadster owner, all stock except for the Stain Tune exhaust system.
I am trying some different Tune ECU tunes to see the results, so far all very good.

Back