Reliability, buying decision

Which dealer are you using? I'm on business in KY and stopped by the dealers in Louisville and Lexington. They both have 2011 R3Ts. I'm still in the matket for a white and Black R3T......... Just saying.

I use Castle Powersports in Nashville, they are only 2 hours away, Louisville is 3 and Lexington is 4 hours.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm planning the logistics of another 4 Corners Tour for later this year. Am I a sucker for punishment, or what?:cool:

There will be some differences as I'd like to quicken the pace and get the entire ride completed in 2 weeks.

One thing is for certain, I plan to do the ride on my trusty BMW GS this time (vs. my R3T that's been causing me so much grief of late). :eek:

See my ride report from my 2010 USA 4 Corners Tour.

. . . .
My ignition switch started to act up when the bike was three years out of warranty so what did Triumph do they stood behind the bike they sent me a new switch, seat lock and new gas cap FREE OF CHARGE.
. . . . .

Hey Dave! I thought we fixed up your ingition switch good as new with my soldering iron. :D

The only problem I've had with my 2008 R3T (41,000 miles) is a gasket that cost $200. I think I had the TPM problem fixed under recall as well but nothing else out of pocket.

The REAL problems I've had were due to a POS dealer that went out of business and shafted me on the prepaid maint and extended warantee I paid for. :mad:

Steer clear of RPM One! They handled the prepaid maint and ext warantee.

Gene

The REAL problems I've had were due to a POS dealer that went out of business and shafted me on the prepaid maint and extended warantee I paid for. :mad:

Gene

You must be talking about TSS in Phoenix. I bought the first R3T they sold and lost out on the prepaid maint plan as well. When I heard they were closing I stopped by and they gave me as much Mobil 1 4T as my bags would hold, several oil filters and a few sets of brake pads. Not close to making up for what I paid for the plan, but the parts guys did what they could. I always got along with the guys at that shop and wish the owners hadn't screwed up so bad.

You must be talking about TSS in Phoenix. I bought the first R3T they sold and lost out on the prepaid maint plan as well. When I heard they were closing I stopped by and they gave me as much Mobil 1 4T as my bags would hold, several oil filters and a few sets of brake pads. Not close to making up for what I paid for the plan, but the parts guys did what they could. I always got along with the guys at that shop and wish the owners hadn't screwed up so bad.
Yeah, that was them. But I think that the real bandits were the RPM One company out of Florida that held $$ against the maint to be performed. Part of the contract went to TSS and the rest went to RPM one. They kept a portion for profit and the rest was supossed to be held to re-imburse TSS once maintenance was performed. So RPM One likely still has $$$ from all the contracts that went un-used. They wouldn't even talk to me about getting the reserve $$ back. Since their contract stipulates that maintenance must be performed at TSS we are SOL and they are rolling in dough. I was out about $1600!What's worse is I found out that RPM One handled the extended warrantee. They refused what should have been a covered item saying that my period was up. They said it expired 2 years after I bought the bike (when the factory warrantee expired. That's about another $800 I'm out. If it wasn't so far away, I would take them to small claims court. But it's probably not worth the trouble.

I believe you can take them to small claims court in the state where you bought the warranty...it would be on their dime to show up. Make sure to file a claim with your state consumer affairs so that it is on record.

Back