Bridgestone tires for the R3 Standard/Classic/Roadster

Don't think it will be a bad thing.. and if it is, I will get used to it by the time the tires wear out.. lol :) Wonder how much it throws the speedo off ?..

I noticed it straight away. Seat felt highers and tipped forward a tiny bit and the head lights were pointing lower. Not a lot and I soon stopped noticing it. Also the slightly taller gearing is noticeable. You'll find sometimes you need a lower gear, especially round corners or when riding slowly. I like it because it seems to slot into the power band better round corners - but depends on the way each person rides.

I've made the same observations, Mitch said it also corrects the speedo with the higher profile.

Yes, the Exedra Max does correct the majority of the speedo variation due to the meatier cross section. It is the tire I have run for about 2500 miles now and I like it alot!

I think that there are better front tires out there than the 'stones, including the OEM Metzelers, however I'll be going to a 140 up front early next season, in order to lighten the front end, thus improving steering, tracking and overall handling. Probably going to try the new extended wear composition offering from Michelin. I think this is it: Michelin Motorcycle Tires

I like the idea of greater circumference too - slightly higher gearing. Do you know what the difference in diameter is?

I worked it out to be 24mm which will lift the bike 12mm.
The overall circumference is about 75mm greater than the stock metz.
These are calcs done on paper ,rather than actual measurement.
It makes the speedo about spot on.

Ive had my G852 Exedra for 12000klms and it still got a few thousand more to go.

Finally got the Bridgestones mounted today. They actually look pretty cool on the bike! Had about a 30 mile ride from the shop to the house. I do notice the bike sits taller. I now have to watch my right calf at stop lights because my leg is a little straighter when I put it down.. lol. Also, the tires balanced out naturally!! The front wheel has one tiny weight on it to zero it out, but the rear need no weights! I do notice that the bike is heavier steering. It doesn't flick as easily as it usually does, but I haven't checked the air pressure yet either. I don't think it's the air pressure.. just different tires, but can't count it out yet.

The rear tire, being a 55 series sidewall, REALLY fills out the rear fender area. It does sit higher in the rear, but really doesn't look as goofy as that sounds. I will have to get some pics.. :) I think I might even get some of that white-letter paint and really give it that muscle car/street rod look.. :)

a mate has these Bridgys on his bike and they offer incredible grip, in wet they are brilliant, in dry they are great, acceleration they don't like to slip, under brake they pull up very quickly and quietly, long sweepers and leaning her over as far as she'll go under extreme speed holds very well, I find that cracking throttle on exit of apex the bike still won't break traction...(yeah yeah yeah, i know you are meant to give it smooth constant throttle increase and not just crack it open but the the flipping heck said i was racing, truth is i was having fun and exiting an apex a little sideways with a bit of opposite lock blowing up some smoke as your engine screams "move the fark outta my way" is all about fun) anyway bike was all over very sticky remembering he is only running 140 bhp at rear wheel.

1 down side to this tyre is you have to work much harder at getting bike over to her side as it is a much squarer tyre than the metz. jumping off 1 bike and straight onto the other the difference is very obvious and you do have to muscle the bike much more to et it to lean. not so much a problem except for when you are going through a chicane or s bends as the meat rolls from left to right and back seamlessly, the bridge has to settle at 90 degree before you lean in again.

If you are into riding straight and not fussed about flicking the bio from side to side the bridge is a great option. if ease of covering is of concern then the Metz is best. Mind you it only only when you back to back the tyres you noticed the difference. My mate swore it wasn't the case until he umped on mine then straight on his.

All said, he loves the Bridgy as he feels much safer around town and doesn't punt it hard enough to warrant the down side through the hills. I think his bridgestone donuts match his skirt and bra very nicely! LMAO, he loves it when i say this!
:D:roll:

oh and for the sexy part, as they have squarer shoulders and a wider mid section the tyre looks much wider so if having a latin arse on your brit is important it does look great!

Just had Mad Mick at Goodna fit a Bridgestone Exedra Max on the rear... So far looks and feels good! And for $290:00 fitted is much easier on the pocket ;)

Back