Bridgestone tires for the R3 Standard/Classic/Roadster

Good find and very interesting.

The main reason I posted is because I cant find any mention of the Exedra Max over here. However can get G852 and G701 (no mention of Exedra in the ads) - the G852 I found were 'V' rated.

I like the idea of greater circumference too - slightly higher gearing. Do you know what the difference in diameter is?

Have a look at this thread - post #17 http://www.r3owners.net/rocket-iii-touring-forum/11432-so-whats-consensus-tires.html

Just had a look, thanks for the pointer. So just under 1" larger diameter, thats useful. ;)

I also checked out the Bridgestone vid you gave a link to. It seems that the G852 that I can definitely get here is a replacement OEM tyre and been around for quite a while. The Max is the one to really have, so will have to find out if they are obtainable in UK.

The G701 people are talking about for the front is a bias-ply type and shouldn't be mixed with a radial, so would likely go for the Avon Cobra as you have.

Edit:
What a dissappointment, cant get Exedra Max in the UK - looks like it will be Avons front and back.

Last edited:
Received both my Bridgestone Exedra Max rear and my Bridgestone G701 front. From anything I've found, they are both radials. The Exedra Max does not have the middle tread line as shown in the pics above. Not bad looking tires, though not as pretty as the Avons... :) Pics below.. (Blackberry.. sorry) Can't wait to get them on and get to riding! I think I've ridden my bike 5 times this past year!!!!!!! and that was dealing with getting her right again! Well, all maintenance is done.. and new tires.. I ought to hit 75,000 this year... :)

Total cost was $321.45.. A BUNCH less than the Avons, though I still do like the Avons. Both places I ordered from above had free shipping. Took I ordered Saturday and they got here Wednesday and Thursday.

No problem.. After you stated that, I wasn't sure either! Especially after finding out there's a G852 240/55-16 and an Exedra Max in 240/55-16.. Now I'm just curous if the rear of my bike is going to be noticeably taller with the 55 section sidewall.

I stand corrected mate, was sure I read on a Bridgestone site that the G701 was bias-ply. :eek:

I noticed it straight away. Seat felt highers and tipped forward a tiny bit and the head lights were pointing lower. Not a lot and I soon stopped noticing it. Also the slightly taller gearing is noticeable. You'll find sometimes you need a lower gear, especially round corners or when riding slowly. I like it because it seems to slot into the power band better round corners - but depends on the way each person rides.

Back