Bridgestone tires for the R3 Standard/Classic/Roadster

My Bridgestone Exedra G852 at 14000klms,Im getting a Max in the near future.

14000klm (8700miles to me) is very good mileage - would really like to know how the G852 stacks up against the Avon Cobra grip wise, have you used Cobra's.

The G852 is available over here whereas the Max isn't. Are you using the G701 on the front? EDIT: You're not - its a Metz ;):D

Last edited:
would really like to know how the G852 stacks up against the Avon Cobra grip wise, have you used Cobra's.

I've used Metz and Avon Cobras on the rear and the Exedra Max (haven't tried G852) leaves them for dead, especially in the wet. The Cobra was great in the dry byt a bit skittish in the wet and very easy to spin on take-off. The Exedra Max holds traction much better. You can feel the different on the rubber - after a ride it feels tacky whereas the others didn't.

I have my second Cobra on the front, which I've very happy with in wet or dry.

I've used Metz and Avon Cobras on the rear and the Exedra Max (haven't tried G852) leaves them for dead, especially in the wet.

As far as I can find out the Max does seem to be a good choice, just pissed at it not being available here. The sales video on the Bridgestone website does suggest the Max is an 'improved' tyre, thats why I would be interested to know how good the G852 is in comparison to the Cobra.

Got to ride to work yesterday. The Bridgestone Exedra Max doesn't seem to spin as easily as the Avon, which might save on some rubber.. :D I haven't got a chance to push hard through the corners yet, but the G701 front seems to be just fine. I mainly picked it because I had mixing up tire brands and the G701's appearance matches the Exedra Max well. I do seem to have HUGE lean angle, probably because of the taller rear tire.. It's a bit harder to push over, but it seems to hold a line well and it seems like I can lean much farther over. That's all I can say on them at the moment with about 100 miles on them. Oh, RPMs vs Speedo have dropped about 3-400 RPM. With stock tires, 3,000 RPM was about 70 MPH. Now 3,000 RPM is over 75 MPH

Battersea,I think the Exedra Max is called the G852G over here.Check out Bits4motorbikes.co.uk. I prefer the Cobra's, just got a new set fitted £300 inc fitting to loose wheels.:)

Battersea,I think the Exedra Max is called the G852G over here.Check out Bits4motorbikes.co.uk. I prefer the Cobra's, just got a new set fitted £300 inc fitting to loose wheels.:)

Thanks for the pointer, will check it out. I think choosing between Exedra's and Cobra's is going to be a close runner - £300 for Cobra's is about it down here too.

Edit:

Not sure if the G852G is the same as the Max, found some images and they are different. The Max has a centre groove.

G852G

Max

Last edited:
The Cobras are nice too.. I've been through 3 sets of them. They look awesome and they perform very well. I mainly went the Bridgestone route because I needed tires and I needed to save a little cash.. The Bridgestones are significantly less expensive.

Back