Bridgestone tires for the R3 Standard/Classic/Roadster

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
Due to current budgetary concerns and a recent flat tire on my Rocket, I think I am going to be brave this time and try out a set of Bridgestone Exedra tires. Bridgestone makes the Exedra G701 in a 150/80HR-17 for $145.99 at Bridgestone Exedra G701 Front Tire - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore and they also make the Exedra Max in a 240/55ZR-16 for $175.46 at BRIDGESTONE EXEDRA MAX 240/55ZR-16 M/C 86V, REAR American Motorcycle Tire . The H rated front tire is good for 130 MPH, which is as fast as I've ever gone. Both tires for $321.45 is hard to pass up though! Especially considering the lowest price for an Avon rear is $260.32 by itself!

I don't know about a Bridgetone on the front but you won't be dissappointed with the rear. And at that price...... I paid $408 for the rear here.

I'm running the Bridgys front and rear. I have 8500 on the set and the rear is ready to be changed, (new Bridgestone in the garage:)) and the front will go another 4-5K miles. no complaints at all, the tires work as good or better than the stock Metz.

Check J&P cycles, they had the cheapest price I found yet and they are having a new years sale that ends today.

I believe the Max is the newer version. There's a video explaining it somewhere - will post if I can find it. I recall it states that the Max is a bit flatter with deeper and harder tread down the centre and better designed for cruisers (I think).

I have the exedra max on my R3T right now. So far I like them a lot but only got about 6 or 700 miles on them. I will do a review and post some thoughts when I get some miles on them and get them out in the rain, etc...

Here's a video. Shows one with the centre line. I have the Exedra Max radial on mine and it has no centre line. Perhaps depends on size and ply. I've said it before; outstanding grip - wet and dry - and elready exceeded Metz and Avon for miles and only half worn. I like the higher profile too.

BIKER'S CHOICE Bridgestone: Exedra Max - YouTube

I didn't realize there was a differnce, but apparently there are two Bridgestone rear tires. The Bridgestone Exedra Max and the Bridgestone Exedra G852. It looks like one has a center line tread and the other is smooth in the middle. Here are links to pictures of each.

MOTORCYCLETIRE.COM BEST PRICES DISCOUNT TIRES: Bridgestone Exedra Max Cruiser and Touring Tires 240/55ZR-16 Rear

MOTORCYCLETIRE.COM BEST PRICES DISCOUNT TIRES: Bridgestone Exedra G852 Street Tires 240/55R-16 Rear

Good find and very interesting.

The main reason I posted is because I cant find any mention of the Exedra Max over here. However can get G852 and G701 (no mention of Exedra in the ads) - the G852 I found were 'V' rated.

I like the idea of greater circumference too - slightly higher gearing. Do you know what the difference in diameter is?

I'm running the Bridgys front and rear. I have 8500 on the set and the rear is ready to be changed, (new Bridgestone in the garage:)) and the front will go another 4-5K miles. no complaints at all, the tires work as good or better than the stock Metz.

Check J&P cycles, they had the cheapest price I found yet and they are having a new years sale that ends today.

Are u happy with the bridgy on the front?
im thinking of trying these tires next also :cool:

Back