For Sale WTT Early rocket forward controls, free trade for later mid controls.

I have an 05 with forward controls, looking to trade with anyone who has the later roadster mid controls.
I have a X not sure what your forwards look like or if they work. But would be interested. Let's see some pics

I have a X not sure what your forwards look like or if they work. But would be interested. Let's see some pics
I'm happy to include any additional pictures in any detail. I'm looking to replace the associated brake lines, rails, controls and whatever else is associated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210406-222938.png
    Screenshot_20210406-222938.png
    1 MB · Views: 44
Fc site shows standard./classic Being different from roadster.

What do the flrward controls look like? Im curious then. I do have 05 mid conttols but hard to imagine forward controls on a rocket

What do the flrward controls look like? Im curious then. I do have 05 mid conttols but hard to imagine forward controls on a rocket
These would still be regarded as mid controls by any other bike, but they are further forward than the later/newer bikes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210502-202005.png
    Screenshot_20210502-202005.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210502-201944.png
    Screenshot_20210502-201944.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
I have an 05 with forward controls, looking to trade with anyone who has the later roadster mid controls.
I have a 2013 Roadster with what I think is probably stock controls. I'm pretty tall and would prefer forward controls. Do you think mine might be what you're after?

I have a 2013 Roadster with what I think is probably stock controls. I'm pretty tall and would prefer forward controls. Do you think mine might be what you're after?
G'day from Oz, I have a bunch of relatives in Alberta.
If he is still looking, then yep you have what he wants but you need to also the swap gear levers, brake lines and a few other bits. You need to swap complete system as brake levers may differ too I think. As stated by others they are a mid control on the early dual light stock 2004-2009 Rocket IIIs. The other option was the foot boards which came in two versions for Rocket IIIs as well as the later single headlight R3Touring with footboards.
If you are really tall you can buy a custom fwd control set from Refined Cycle in USA (online and code FC17 from memory), to fit without front crash bars. About US$350 new.
1628265909847.png

1628265933811.png

A French/German?? company Motorrad Burchard made an extremely expensive version now still available on special order with your first born as deposit. They have a few Rocket III versions with a limited fore /aft adjustment range for each version.
An Aussie dealer is still listing a brand new ONE side for approx. Au$850 (US$620) that somebody obviously ordered for a crash replacement and never collected. That is less than half price from Burchard

Triumph Rocket III Right side Motorrad Burchard Forward control kit MB01-7300GN
New right side Motorrad Burchard forward control kit to fit Rocket III ABS
Right side only, does not have master cylinder linkage.
1628264866988.png

A Finnish company RAASK also made a range of custom Rocket III parts including rearsets, exhaust systems and multi adjustable replacement mounts with at least ten position options.
I have a new old stock of these in my shed.
RAASK adjustable foot rails for the Rocket III to allow peg placement over a very wide range of adjustment.
I finally found some a few years ago.
What are the rarest Unicorn accessories for Rockets? I want to see them all!
r3-raask-foot-rail-1-jpg.76915

QUOTE REPLY

Greetings! Thanks for all that great information. Looks like the FC17 is probably the best choice to get the length I'm after. I have my highway pegs further forward than the FC17 would be, and could even stand to have them a touch further forward. Perhaps I'll have to think about modifying the seat once I've settled on controls. I had the same issue for 8.5 years with a Road King. Sold it after 156000kms, still hadn't made it quite right. This Roadster will likely turn out similarly, but it sure is fun to ride in the meantime! Do you ever get over to this part of the world?

Back