Wiring Aux Lights on R3T

JDuke1980

Turbocharged
I want to put some auxilary lights on my R3T, but I don't really have the $$$ to get the Triumph aux. lights. I found some cheap "off road" fog lights at walmart, they are 55W halogens. They look good and are chromed. I want to install them myself to the aux. switch by the light switch.
Can anyone guide me through the wiring process?
I haven't decided where I am going to mount them yet, I am thinking I will find some brackets and mount them to the crash bars. Other suggestions will be appreciated too though. The bracket that comes on them looks like a bolt on type.

rocket4.jpg

the Blue/Black wire coming from the switchblock should be used to power up the relay for the lights...hth

that was informative......
Do I just run the wires from the lights directly to the switch on the handlebar then?

What you will need, apart from the lights, are an inline fuse, a relay and some wire,

connect one end of the fuse direct to battery

other end to normally open contact on relay

connect other side of that contact to your lights

connect the blue/Black wire from the left switchblock to one side of the coil on the relay

the other side of the coil goes to frame or a negative wire, as does the other side of the lights

Thats more like what I was looking for. Thank you. :D Hopefully I'll get my bike back Saturday and will install them Sunday or Monday.

Back