Where does the bluetooth module live?

RazMan

Rocket Addict
Ride
2022 R3 GT, 2011 America
I am considering getting the bluetooth module for my GT - mostly for the satnav function but it might be handy in other areas.
Where does it mount on the GT?

It is in the subframe (tail section)

You can download the instructions at the website: triumphinstructions (add the www and com), you look for A9801015 (the fitting kit # for the module)

Thanks Rakthi :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I was looking all over the place trying to find these instructions but didn't think of looking at the fitting kit instructions!
I was thinking it would be a nice simple fit but it appears that I have to dismantle the entire back end just to fit 2 nuts & bolts :rolleyes:
This technology stuff is challenging sometimes innit :roll: Ah well it keeps me out of mischief I suppose ;)😇

I am considering getting the bluetooth module for my GT - mostly for the satnav function but it might be handy in other areas.
Where does it mount on the GT?
I would make sure you have researched the Bluetooth functionality before you go ahead. I don't think I would have bothered if I knew what I was getting. The nav directions on the screen are very small and not much better than a simple Beeline, and you cannot set a route without being paired to the bike. Music playback and telephone is a nice touch but I feel that simply connecting my phone directly to my Cardo unit does a better job.
At the end of the day, you pays your money and takes your choice.

I found some conflicting reviews on the Bluetooth functionality but decided to give it a try anyway. Although the Beeline is a superb little unit, I have had some confusing times with it at certain junctions, roundabouts etc. (probably just me not reading it right) I am now waiting for the box to arrive in the next few days and I will see if it is any better.

I found some conflicting reviews on the Bluetooth functionality but decided to give it a try anyway. Although the Beeline is a superb little unit, I have had some confusing times with it at certain junctions, roundabouts etc. (probably just me not reading it right) I am now waiting for the box to arrive in the next few days and I will see if it is any better.
I hope it works OK for you, as it has great potential.

While it is finnicky to set up, and does rely on you having compatible hardware, it does work as advertised when you get it all going. I did a video of the bikes ride tech, including the BT functions, on my channel a while back: Rocket 3R Instruments

While it is finnicky to set up, and does rely on you having compatible hardware, it does work as advertised when you get it all going. I did a video of the bikes ride tech, including the BT functions, on my channel a while back: Rocket 3R Instruments
I saw your video and that was one of the reasons I wanted to persevere with getting the Bluetooth functions set up.
I went ahead and ordered the module and installed it much easier than I was expecting ..... but the software was another matter. My local Dealership activated it (in exchange for a box of biscuits!) and I then spent a very frustrating couple of hours trying to get my phone, headsets and satnav functions set up properly. I eventually gave up and went to bed. The following morning I attacked the problem with a fresh mind and a large cup of coffee - I deleted and unpaired everything and then re-installed everything from scratch ...... and it worked! I discovered that the most important thing was to pair everything from the bike's instrument panel and not the phone - it all made sense after that.
Finally I have satnav, phone, music and intercom functions - hooray!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I saw your video and that was one of the reasons I wanted to persevere with getting the Bluetooth functions set up.
I went ahead and ordered the module and installed it much easier than I was expecting ..... but the software was another matter. My local Dealership activated it (in exchange for a box of biscuits!) and I then spent a very frustrating couple of hours trying to get my phone, headsets and satnav functions set up properly. I eventually gave up and went to bed. The following morning I attacked the problem with a fresh mind and a large cup of coffee - I deleted and unpaired everything and then re-installed everything from scratch ...... and it worked! I discovered that the most important thing was to pair everything from the bike's instrument panel and not the phone - it all made sense after that.
Finally I have satnav, phone, music and intercom functions - hooray!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good job! It is worth the perseverence, and yeah you need to be very "bike-centric" when you do it to get the best result.

Back