What are the signs

Tim..Glad you got that sorted and the only cost to you will be downtime :)
Triumph steps up to the plate again. Your right..Two thumbs up.;)

ray

They fix so much out of warranty since ya can't get them to fix anything under warranty (not completely true). I still haven't heard back from my dealer, they were supposed to be contacting Triumph about the clacking noise from the transmission they say they can't hear. :rolleyes:
They could be waiting for when it fails 6 months out of warranty, then they can fix it and be hero's. lol :p

i too was getting the 'rubbing rear brake sound,' and the popping out of 2nd gear. i expected my dealer to go ahead and install the upgrade kit, as per the info posted earlier, my VIN# falls below the VIN# 337294 cut off.
shockingly, my dealer says NO. he is saying that the upgrade is only for engines prior to 244280. he fixed the rubbing issue by replacing a sealed ball bearing, and a torsional damper bearing. but, suggested best he could do is machine/grind the shift lever so the indent for 2nd gear "better engages." and added, only early 05 and some 06 models require that upgrade kit

anyone have 'official' info from triumph confirming the 337294 cut off? would my calling Triumph customer service help?

This happened to me earlier this month, the bike is at the dealers now having the upgrade done at Triumph's expense as it is still in warranty, details are:

2008 Standard (bought new August 2009)
8500Kms (about 5000miles)
Engine number 327910 (the cutoff is as you quote)

I suggest that your dealer get in touch with Triumph US as he definately does not know what he is talking about, don't let him do any work as he suggests, if you don't get any joy contact Triumph US yourself.

Peter

Back