Whylee

.060 Over
Ride
Harley Roadking
Anything I read concerning our Rocket 3, always has a big deal concerning the weight. Yet on Harleys its no big deal, even though the 20 up Rockets are right at or lighter than almost all Harleys.
I have owned many Harleys and my new 23 Rocket 3 is easier to move around the garage.
Then add in removing the exhaust for a verex slip on, replacing the battery with a lithium, and removing the rear fender for a tail tidy, and the bike looses almost 40 more pounds.
Now its right in the range of most large displacment bikes.
Yes it is a heavy bike, just not as bad as these reviewers make it out to be.

My wife's Harley Davidson Heritage Classic, a fully dressed bagger, weighs almost 100lbs more than my R3GT.

They (those who make these suggestions) assume that a bigger than "standard" engine results in a bike that is unwieldy and heavy.

Nothing could be further from the truth as it pertains to the R3. Not in my experience anyways.

Yep, apparently this bike is too heavy to move around "properly", the tyres are too wide so it won't tip into corners & will just tram line into the first tree, you can't tour on it because the tank is too small to cross a continent in one go, there's no luggage options for 20+ days of stuff & the kitchen sink, the wind protection is atrocious, you sweat without A/C, you get wet if it rains, blah blah blah... :rolleyes:
I'll just go for a ride & suffer this miserable bike a little more rather than enrich myself with someone else's opinion.

Yep, apparently this bike is too heavy to move around "properly", the tyres are too wide so it won't tip into corners & will just tram line into the first tree, you can't tour on it because the tank is too small to cross a continent in one go, there's no luggage options for 20+ days of stuff & the kitchen sink, the wind protection is atrocious, you sweat without A/C, you get wet if it rains, blah blah blah... :rolleyes:
I'll just go for a ride & suffer this miserable bike a little more rather than enrich myself with someone else's opinion.
Don't forget, there's nowhere to mount the stereo speakers either! :cool:

My daughter and I went for a ride as she wanted to ride the new Rocket. I made her do the first half of the ride on my Indian Springfield as she used to ride a similar Chieftain. She then got on the TFC and loved it. She said it was much easier to ride and felt much more confident on it. The power was in no way intimidating to her and she wants to ride again but sp the whole day on my Rocket. My wife is not happy about it.😄

My TFC is the lightest bike I own. I call it, “Da Big Little”. Big motor in a little bike.

00e0e_3aAnVO4KM4Pz_0uY0hq_300x300.jpg

Back