I know. It just seems an outrageous waste.

My collision reconstruction community is always on the look out for vehicles, including motorcycles, for crash testing.
They should have at least reached out so that important knowledge could be gained from the destruction of the motorcycles. :thumbsdown::p

and this from the comment section..btw, click on the 'youtube' box in lower right corner and it takes you to youtube channel..

"Those bikes were some of 20 plus motorcycles that were on a transport trailer that got stolen. The insurance company paid a claim on them since they were never titled. Sometime later law enforcement recovered them. Since the VIN numbers were toast after the claim payout, they had to destroy them."

No, they did not "have" to destroy them. They destroyed them because it was the easy thing to do. They could have re-titled, re-sold as scrap, without destroying. Same to me as watching all the building demo video's. Perfectly good buildings, blown up, destroyed, just to make room for a newer model, etc. etc. Such a waste of material, time, and money. What if they had found a container full of once stolen, gold bars? Would they have destroyed them? NO WAY JOSE!

I know. It just seems an outrageous waste.

Land of the lawyer. Nowadays most of the time these things are filmed to prove they were destroyed. For a reason...

Many years ago Sears was disposing of old tools at a local transfer station in Atlanta. The guys working there were picking them out of the trash and reselling them. Well inevitably someone got hurt and sued sears...

I remember years ago a local high end restaurant flooded and the insurance paid the owner for all of his alcohol. I was at the dump at the time and he brought in pallets full of unopened bottles of booze. Of course before the camera rolled he grabbed a bunch of boxes and took them with him lol.

No, they did not "have" to destroy them. They destroyed them because it was the easy thing to do. They could have re-titled, re-sold as scrap, without destroying. Same to me as watching all the building demo video's. Perfectly good buildings, blown up, destroyed, just to make room for a newer model, etc. etc. Such a waste of material, time, and money. What if they had found a container full of once stolen, gold bars? Would they have destroyed them? NO WAY JOSE!

Have you grown it back or is this an old avatar picture?

Back