Want to Buy WANTED Rider’s back rest.

MrBaldylocks

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket3
Evening everyone
I've just managed to get a Genuine Gel seat for the Old Girl but does anybody have the Rider’s backrest for sale?
I'm in Somerset 🇬🇧
Thank you

Yep, I have a brand new one and a brand new Classic seat and it is the USA and only them selling together.
The other used one in the USA has to come home to Oz now as I sold my used one here to a person in Europe who couldn't wait.

For ALL 2 headlight R3 models 2004-2009 Standard/Classics and 2010 - 2018 Roadsters
CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164
Shown with
ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST A9708160

1602454755020.png

Evening everyone
I've just managed to get a Genuine Gel seat for the Old Girl but does anybody have the Rider’s backrest for sale?
I'm in Somerset 🇬🇧
Thank you
??????
We do not know what version and year Rocket 3 you have. There are quite a few. They do differ for some parts.

Hi Ishrub
Sorry I didn’t know they were different. I’ve got a Gel Touring Seat for my 2010 Roadster.
Well the seat and backrest combo in my post #3 would fit your Roadster then and you have this one on your bike at the moment if it is a dual seat.
TOURING GEL SEAT - DUAL A9701141
1602709515450.png

It will have a glossy smooth rubbery vinyl top and heavily textured vinyl on sides. Very hot if not protected from Sun when parked and strangely one of the most unpopular seats Triumph ever made for R3s! ;):whitstling:
You should be able to fit a Utopia USA made backrest using their cut and insert method they get purchasers to do themselves on R3Touring and R3 Classic seats. They also make a version that attaches to the two part pillion seat bracket that came standard with 2010-onwards Roadsters.

Triumph Rocket III Classic (one piece seat)
rocketclassicbike2.jpg

Picture thanks to biker friend David Wright​
rocketclassicpad.jpg

Custom install bar. Not a simple bolt on like above. Installs inside rear seat. See installation click link below.

If you already have a Solo Rider's seat with a separate pillion you will have this seat. Again with Gel glossy vinyl on top and heavy textured on sides. This is a quite good seat for Roadsters besides the hot Gel issue and works well with a Utopia backrest. I used one for quite a while and sold it a month or two ago to an Aussie member. I think he is getting a Dual instead.
TOURING GEL SEAT - RIDER A9701142
1602710115910.png

If so get a Solo seat version. Picture below actually has a Gel Rider's A9701142 seat fitted with a stock standard 'bread loaf' pillion pad.

Triumph Rocket III (Standard and Roadster)
(two piece seat, see installed on rear seat below)
rocketbike2.jpg

Pictures thanks to Volker Kram​
rocketboltonpad.jpg

Triumph Rocket III (Standard and Roadster)
(Simple bolt on. Bolts onto stock bracket. No special installation like the Classic below.)
Note: Gel seat, black with gray sides has same setup except we use a different black to match closely to the black on your seat. Can not match the gray, so, we make all black.

If you have this seat with a hole for the backrest, you have one of these (same as my one in the USA). They are NOT GEL seats.
Triumph Genuine Parts - CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - ROCKET 3
Product Code: A9708164
1602710848871.png
1602710899631.png

So whom should one kill to get a rider backrest, that seems to be the question.

Back