turning the clutch lever adjuster?

atjurhs

.060 Over
Ride
2017 R3 Roadster
hey guys,

i've already set the clutch adjustment dial to 4 but i'd like to have the clutch handle release even closer to the handlebar than it is with the dial on 4. with arthritis in my fingers a closer release to the handlebars would make it easier.

i only found in the user manual about setting the dial to 4, but which way should i turn the clutch adjustment cable knob (the knob that the cable goes where the cable attaches to the clutch lever) to get the release point even closer to the handlebar, clockwise or counter-clockwise as looking from the handlebar end to the cable know?

thanks for your help!

Todd

hey guys,

i've already set the clutch adjustment dial to 4 but i'd like to have the clutch handle release even closer to the handlebar than it is with the dial on 4. with arthritis in my fingers a closer release to the handlebars would make it easier.

i only found in the user manual about setting the dial to 4, but which way should i turn the clutch adjustment cable knob (the knob that the cable goes where the cable attaches to the clutch lever) to get the release point even closer to the handlebar, clockwise or counter-clockwise as looking from the handlebar end to the cable know?

thanks for your help!

Todd
ASV LEVERS. - Do not try to bring the levers closer at the cost of potential lever travel. You may find the clutch does not disengage correctly.
I say ASV as they are far and away the levers with most adjustment I have seen. I was able to get away with some Chinese cheepos off Ebay. I have small hards with a deformed 5th digits. Could only just reach the OEM levers.

ASV Inventions :: Search For Levers

2 grades - neither CHEAP but the F3 would do for most.

Oh - Just remembered there are also some V-Trec levers with the same stepless adjusters - cheaper. Pair costs the same (or less) as one ASV - over here anyway.

Most important is that the dial you're talking about is the ONLY WAY to move the lever towards or away without buying aftermarket lever. The knurled nut and knurled cable end on the cable is for adjusting clutch freeplay. It has nothing to do with the lever position. Adjusting it wrong will either get you trained on changing the clutch or thinning your wallet paying someone else to fix your puck up !!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back