TuneECU on Android TV Box

DEcosse

If it's no Scottish it's CRAP!
Ride
Triumph Daytona (Custom)
I know many of you have questions about running TuneECU on different platforms
Here's one consideration for those currently without Android Phones or Tablets or even a Windows Laptop
This not only makes for a relatively inexpensive set-up it also gives you the benefit of large screen display in your garage

In my case the equipment consists of
Minix U9-h Android TV Box*
An old TV**
A Google PlayStore account and Purchase of Android TuneECU app ***
A Minix A2 Lite Remote****
A Vgate Bluetooth OBDii Wireless Dongle*****

* (you can use just about any cheap (i.e. Chinese) Android TV box here - these things can be really low cost out of Chinese Outlets like Gearbest, Geekbuying, AliExpress etc (cheapest systems start at only $20!) Of course you also have endless other possibilities here with Browser and Media apps beyond the TuneECU option!
** Lots of options here again- people are giving away TV's FREE (or extremely low cost) everyday here on our local NextDoor App rather than pay a recycle fee as they upgrade to latest & greatest 4K unit; any size is possible as long as has HDMI input. Check your local Craigslist, or Gumtree or whatever ...
This one I'm using is just re-purposed from the house - bought new about 15 years ago I would say!
*** If you have already purchased for use on your phone or tablet, there is no additional cost to run this on multiple devices with the same Google Log-in.
**** Even the TV Boxes OEM remote is probably usable - you can get even greater usability if you add a USB input device with air-mouse - the Minix device I am using has a full KeyBoard on the back-side as well as the airmouse capability. Another good choice here if you want a bigger key-board would be a Logitech K400 wireless mouse/keyboard combo. Especially for TuneECU you would predominately be using the mouse but the keyboard option is nice if using the browser or other apps. I like the compactness of the Remote style with the keyboard on the back.
****** Again many options from Ebay or Amazon etc; You will have to connect by cable for loading/retrieving maps so will need a TuneECU cable plus long USB M/F extender for that (depending on where you place the box, relative to your bike); but that you can plan for as you're setting system up and plan for length required accordingly - For diagnostic work, the USB adapter is excellent.

Anyway, here you go

Last edited:
I know many of you have questions about running TuneECU on different platforms
Here's one consideration for those currently without Android Phones or Tablets or even a Windows Laptop
This not only makes for a relatively inexpensive set-up it also gives you the benefit of large screen display in your garage

In my case the equipment consists of
Minix U9-h Android TV Box*
A Vgate Bluetooth OBDii Wireless Dongle
An old TV**
A Google PlayStore account and Purchase of Android TuneECU app ***
A Minix A2 Lite Remote****

* (you can use just about any cheap (i.e. Chinese) Android TV box here - these things can be really low cost out of Chinese Outlets like Gearbest, Geekbuying, AliExpress etc (cheapest systems start at only $20!) Of course you also have endless other possibilities here with Browser and Media apps beyond the TuneECU option!
** Lots of options here again- people are giving away TV's FREE (or extremely low cost) everyday here on our local NextDoor App rather than pay a recycle fee as they upgrade to latest & greatest 4K unit; any size is possible as long as has HDMI input. Check your local Craigslist, or Gumtree or whatever ...
This one I'm using is just re-purposed from the house - bought new about 15 years ago I would say!
*** If you have already purchased for use on your phone or tablet, there is no additional cost to run this on multiple devices with the same Google Log-in.
**** Even the TV Boxes OEM remote is probably usable - you can get even greater usability if you add a USB input device with air-mouse - the Minix device I am using has a full KeyBoard on the back-side as well as the airmouse capability. Another good choice here if you want a bigger key-board would be a Logitech K400 wireless mouse/keyboard combo

Anyway, here you go

Heck yeah! Way too cool

FYI - here's another way to get your Android display onto a big screen, utilizing your existing Android device

There are several connection options to do that, well illustrated with this YouTube video

(no affiliation with that YouTuber - just a good one I found in search that explains these options well)

Note that you may also need to add a hub, since you will want to connect multiple devices to your phone simultaneously
Here's another video that explains that

(same disclaimer applies)

With the latter you can connect a) your OBDII cable; b) your TV/Monitor c) Mouse/Keyboard all at the same time.

If you can connect your video wirelessly, and don't mind still making inputs directly on your phone/tablet, then you don't need the hub - but having the airmouse/keyboard means you can just park the phone and input directly looking at the bigger screen

I would suggest that if going to the trouble of a big screen in your workshop, you would be as well just buying a cheap TV box for dedicated use;
but this suggestion does at least give you the option on how you can use your existing device.

Back