Neighbor of mine ( toughest chick I ever knew) was even riding amongst her friends. She pulled up to a red light. Her gal friend was apparently day dreaming( it happens), and fkn SMOKED her from behind. Mangled her leg. I ride with a buddy who not only follows waaay to close to vehicles in front of him. But I’ve watched him almost rear end vehicle’s, blow through red lights, and react to late to side street pullouts. I like riding with the guy. He actually has more years in the saddle than do I. But I prefer to follow him. Where do you like to position yourself during a “buddy’s ride”? Front, centre, rear?
I ride out front 99% of the time. I guess I’m the designated leader for all our group rides. My wife rides behind me on the inside third while I ride the outside third. We know each other and on some roads will share the lane side by side. It’s about trust and experience.

I joke about giving up the lead if anyone thinks they can stay in front of me.🤣🤣

I ride out front 99% of the time. I guess I’m the designated leader for all our group rides. My wife rides behind me on the inside third while I ride the outside third. We know each other and on some roads will share the lane side by side. It’s about trust and experience.

I joke about giving up the lead if anyone thinks they can stay in front of me.🤣🤣
Nice 👍

If u can't hold the clutch in for a few minutes then put it in neutral
If the lever/cable is out of adjustment then adjust it or u wear out something
U could pull the clutch in and put it in first and let it run for 5 days and not hurt the clutches
But what about years?🤭

Neighbor of mine ( toughest chick I ever knew) was even riding amongst her friends. She pulled up to a red light. Her gal friend was apparently day dreaming( it happens), and fkn SMOKED her from behind. Mangled her leg. I ride with a buddy who not only follows waaay to close to vehicles in front of him. But I’ve watched him almost rear end vehicle’s, blow through red lights, and react to late to side street pullouts. I like riding with the guy. He actually has more years in the saddle than do I. But I prefer to follow him. Where do you like to position yourself during a “buddy’s ride”? Front, centre, rear?
Some thing like that happened once to me as well, road to no where in Bryson city, I was leading and going fast, we were confident with no people in the road and nice curves, but after one of the latest, a tree had fallen and blocked the road. I stop before it in my xl650 but the guy behind me in a bmw gs800 following me so close, stopped hitting my rear passenger peg and damaged my frame a bit. He drop his bike, I was standing firm, so it wasn't that bad, but a good head's up... that by the way didn't teach him much as in a second trip he was following another rider in a fire road, and he was more focused in speed and match the guy ahead than his surroundings, when a little jeep appears in the other direction and he ended throwing the bike in a ditch and damaging his wrist. That BMW gs 800 holds good to damage I must say

If u can't hold the clutch in for a few minutes then put it in neutral
If the lever/cable is out of adjustment then adjust it or u wear out something
U could pull the clutch in and put it in first and let it run for 5 days and not hurt the clutches
If you can't hold the clutch in for a few minutes then maybe it's time to 1.) Hit the Gym. 2.) Have your girlfriend do it for you. 3.) Muscle memory, your wrist may get sore but it got very strong going through puberty in fact at 13 years of age chances are you could have crushed a coconut. Just do it!:thumbsup:

If you can't hold the clutch in for a few minutes then maybe it's time to 1.) Hit the Gym. 2.) Have your girlfriend do it for you. 3.) Muscle memory, your wrist may get sore but it got very strong going through puberty in fact at 13 years of age chances are you could have crushed a coconut. Just do it!:thumbsup:
Reason is not inability.

Reason is not inability.
I told you before Maurice it's up to an individual if they want to put their bikes in neutral or with the clutch in. It's up to the individual if they split traffic. You are stating you keep it in neutral. That's okay with me and probably everyone on here. I'm just stating my personal opinion and also making lite of it. I keep the clutch in and in first gear for my listed reasons. You choose not to. That's okay. You do you. :thumbsup:

Back