TORS and Tuneboy question

raytracer

.040 Over
Is it really as simple as me purchasing the TORS exhaust, Cat bypass, and Tuneboy USB starter kit, installing it all and then downloading the 20050_2 tune?

If thats all there is to it, then I wouldnt need to pay the dealer an arm and a leg for service.

Yes it is. While I have not done this to my Rocket yet (just got her yesterday) I have done it on my Speed Triple.
The beauty of Tuneboy is its as advanced as you want it to be. Want to create your own custom fuel maps you can do it. Want to just download a map that fits your set up and download to your bike in minutes - you can do it. Sounds like you have a good handle on what you want and its very doable. No way I would pay a dealer for that. And for the record I am no custom tuner or mechanic. Just a guy that can follow some instructions and handle a wrench.

raytracer said:
Is it really as simple as me purchasing the TORS exhaust, Cat bypass, and Tuneboy USB starter kit, installing it all and then downloading the 20050_2 tune?

If thats all there is to it, then I wouldnt need to pay the dealer an arm and a leg for service.

Yup...easy as that. The only thing easier was replacing the stock shocks which only took about 20 mins.

What about if I want to get the Jardines instead of TORS? I don't see a tune for that - would custom mapping on the dyno be needed for optimal results or could one of the tunes on the tuneboy site suffice?

Back