RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
I'm going on a trip in a week where I'll probably put around a 1000 miles on my Tiger. It has around 5400 miles on the clock. Would you get the 6K service done prior or just wait until the trip is over and then do the service? I'm weighing the pros and cons and can't decide.

I wouldn't guess it'd make a whole lot of difference. If tires, chain, oil all look fine I'd probably wait. Over the years I have had an issue or two immediately following a service. Things like air let into the cooling system, vacuum lines left disconnected etc. Little things like that can screw up your trip.

Daryl, did it have it's initial "break in" service (Rocket is at 500 miles, I have no idea what it is on the Tiger), if it has I'd just go for it.

Ooooops, sorry about that Daryl, must be getting old...I blew right by where you mentioned that you already had 5,400 miles on the Tiger. I would still go for it as even if it comes into the shop with 6,500 miles or so on it I think that Dink will only say "it's a Triumph no big deal it can handle it".

Dennis

33 dtg KAF
38 dtg Dubai
39 dtg Home
60 dtg Ray's

Back