Throttle Position Sensor

sleeves

Nitrous
Ride
05 R3 Std
Hi All

Just a simple question and thanks for your answers in advance.

Best place/site to buy a spare TPS for the Rocket?

My guess is they are a generic item and the same unit is used on many other vehicles.

I had mine replced by the dealer under warrenty. Sorry I can't help more than that.

You can get one through bikebandit.com, but it is essentially through Triumph.
I think it's proprietary to the bike.
In NZ it might be hard to find.

Check if BB does international?

Thanks all so far. What I had guessed was Triumph (or any manufacturer) would not go through the effort of designing their own TPS but source an OEM one. From Aliexpress.com you can buy one for a Honda Integra or a Cadillac for around $10USD. Knowing the mark ups on OEM parts ;-) I would think the Triumph one probably does not cost them much more to have made. The operating principals they same for car or bike, whatever.

I can afford to buy an OEM one, and I don't need one right now but I'm sure the time will arise and I'd like to have a spare for that time, so while the pressures not on, I thought I'd start looking.

I'm going to take mine off this week and see if I can get a manufacturers part number off it this week

Thanks so far

Thanks all so far. What I had guessed was Triumph (or any manufacturer) would not go through the effort of designing their own TPS but source an OEM one. From Aliexpress.com you can buy one for a Honda Integra or a Cadillac for around $10USD. Knowing the mark ups on OEM parts ;-) I would think the Triumph one probably does not cost them much more to have made. The operating principals they same for car or bike, whatever.

I can afford to buy an OEM one, and I don't need one right now but I'm sure the time will arise and I'd like to have a spare for that time, so while the pressures not on, I thought I'd start looking.

I'm going to take mine off this week and see if I can get a manufacturers part number off it this week

Thanks so far

Good luck with your search and please post back up if you find one cheaper than what Triumph markets them for.

Make certain that it is the "new" TPS Triumph started to use a few years back! It has a blue, rather than a black thermoplastic housing.;-)

Thanks so far

Back