This bike is Dharma.

Jallen3.14

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket III
Not in the sense that it's like the path to truth, in the sense that it's like the ditzy Jenna Elfman character from the sitcom "Dharma and Greg".

In the show, Dharma, the epitome of the Manic Pixie Dreamgirl, was a flighty flibbertigibbit prone to behave in whimsical ways.

Today, while doing a brake job, I also installed the replacement relay grommets - the lack of which caused my recent set-to with the fuel pump relay. In the process of mounting the EMS relay, I used contact cleaner to flush out the dielectric grease the well meaning, but misinformed previous owner had globbered into the socket. I also pulled the battery to replace the broken retaining strap.

When I started the bike after, the low fuel and low oil pressure light stayed on, and the odometer reading was all "8"s. Just short of losing my ****, I unhooked the battery again, pulled and reseated the EMS relay and it fired up normally.

I have a newfound sympathy for poor Greg. Living with a MPDG can be as exasperating as it is exhilarating.

Back