Thinking about taking the plunge

Thanks everyone. I'm going to stop by the local dealer to see if I can at least throw my leg over these bikes to get a feel. I've only sat on the R3T, so I'm interested to see how the R3 Classic feels.

If you know of any big red flags on used models, let me know. I read some on the 'known issues' forum already.

I appreciate all your help!

I just did my first ride on a 2011 R3T. Is it just me, or is the bike cramped for longer legs? I'm only 6'1" with a 34" inseam, but I found my feet hung over the front of the floorboards. Is that adjustable, or does it change any on the classic model?

Interesting collection of pictures. Hard to believe they're of the same bike - some pics have pegs and some have boards; 3 different sets of exhaust pipes (Standard, what looks like MadDogs and Classic) and at least 2 maybe 3 seats. Hard to tell but the first pic also looks like Standard bars where some of the others they look like the more pull-back Classic style. There was a Classic Tourer model released around '07 - not to be confused with a Touring (although plenty of people with a Touring like to call it a Tourer). It's not really as confusing as it sounds. Here's a bit of a description of each. Not strictly accurate but you'll get the idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Rocket_III

As for cramped riding position on the Touring, I have heard others say the same. I'd say the best option for you would be a Standard or Classic and agree that an 09 would be the best to aim for. Roadster pegs are stupidly close. Just my opinion. You need to ride them all and look at what each offers. Only thing attracting me to a Roadster is ABS.

Welcome, by the way.

Back