THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

Sonny, did that shop replace the bearings in the tranny or were they still good? I'm guessing they had to remove them to sandblast/machine those parts. Appreciate the pics... take more. Thanks

Well WTF. Hermy's is sending both of us A free T-shirt. Alex says we have ordered more than enough. Wife likes dealing with the guy. I tell her what is not right and they work it out. Never have had and never will have a issue with these folks. Good folks. Will post pics of New t-shirts.

Well got in a bit of work last night. New races and bearings for the swing arm. Funny that the bearings I replaced had no grease on them other than the packing grease from manufacture. New bearings are packed in real grease as recommended by the manual. Maybe the guys who build the bike should do some reading. Triumph tool worked great. IMG_1338.JPG IMG_1336.JPG IMG_1339.JPG IMG_1341.JPG New fuel filter IMG_1349.JPG odds and ends because we are still waiting on new piston.

Done ran out of room. Fixed that. IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG IMG_1360.JPG IMG_1361.JPG works for me. Had to go to Tulsa today for another shot in the back. Figured it was a good time while Higher than a kit to buy a few more self space. Nothing on the floor. For me anything on the floor is taboo. I work aircraft parts for a living. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

That's one thing about working on your own gear... You can take the time to set everything up neatly, stowing all your parts in spots easily found (where your better half won't mistakenly hide them). The teardown and cleaning process become an exercise in patience and satisfaction. You're not being paid by the hour so there is no need to rush. You learn as you go and because you have a vested interest in the work and a love for your ride, you ensure it's done right. Finally, you can enjoy and be satisfied with each step of the process and before long.... voila, it's done, by you (which arguably is a more thorough, complete job than a tradesman just learning the ropes).

@sonny, you appear to be having a lot of fun on this project even though, like many of us, it hurts physically to get it done, it's fun...

Has any one of you ever worked "flat rate"???? :banghead: :banghead:

WTF. IMG_1366.JPG IMG_1368.JPG IMG_1365.JPG OK bought new seals but did not expect the rest. One frozen piston and ABS sensor is a mesh. Looks like am buying new pistons and cleaning up the sensor. Brake clips and banjo washers included. Back brake which i very seldom use but definitely needs some tender loving care. Clean everything up real good and replace screwed up parts. Wife is laughing at me says they song a song about this awhile back. Johnny Cash " One Part At A Time"

Back