'Tactical contact' and new security measures get big results against bike crime

MCN

Living Legend
moped-crash.jpg
The Metropolitan Police's 'Operation Venice', the moped crime task force which caused controversy by using 'tactical contact' to end pursuits with suspects on two wheels, looks to be succeeding,...

Continue reading...

Must be a British thing, or maybe a big city thing, I've never known anyone who had a bike stolen, I go to the store or a bar, I don't even take my key out of the ignition.

I think the key word there is MOPED. Twist and Go so no form of clutching required. It's the UK equivalent of "shootin' sum dood" for initiation.

Here in cities I understand that bike theft is pretty common as many sleep out on the street or in communal parking - which is often not that secure. This is evident from insurance prices. Most get chopped for parts.

But yup - I think it is also rather a UK thing - quite a few of my mates up in the West Midlands and down close to my mum in Bournemouth have had break ins. Most have alarms - now!.

Must be a British thing, or maybe a big city thing, I've never known anyone who had a bike stolen, I go to the store or a bar, I don't even take my key out of the ignition.

Amigo,
That there is called dumb luck! :eek: :rolleyes: :p
:roll:

Sometimes that luck is a swine - I once left an old bike in a high crime area with the keys in - on purpose. Bloody thing was still there next day.

Reads like an insurance scam, Chris.
Hope the statute of limitations has expired.

Back