STURGIS 2007 Aug. 6-12

raymond braswell

Turbocharged
Those of you that did not make Nashville and have not spent all your cash on bling need to start thinking about Sturgis. The Rally is 24 days away. I am leaving my house in Kansas City on Sunday the 5th with 4 other riders and hopefully Paul from Texas. We will head to St. Joseph and pick up Rusty and a friend and head out for about a 400 mile ride to Mitchell South Dakota where we will spend the night. We'll go out to dinner at our favorite restaurant Chef Louie's. The 6th we will head out for a 350 mile ride to Rapid City where we will stop at the Harley dealership (even though they are Harley's this shop is incredible!). Then a few mile ride into Sturgis. We camp at the Glencoe Campground which is expensive but they have an incredible concert venue. Joan Jett, Tanya Tucker, Eddie Monie and 38 Special will play this year. We go on day rides each day which are spectacular i.e. Spearfish Canyon, Needles Hwy, Devil's Tower, Rushmore, Crazy Horse etc. Party a mile from our campsite at Full Throttle Saloon. I saw two Rockets there last year......would like to see more! And if you do decide to go don't forget to wear you chaps:
Link Removed

I was there last year as well, although my Rocket was black at the time. It was my second time and had a blast as before. I have a buddy who used to live up there, so it was great to have someone who knows all the back roads. Can't make it two years in a row, but I definitely will back.

I'm going to stick this thread until Sturgis is over. I know some of you guys are going other than Raymond so use this to trade info, dates, routes ect.

Headed for Sturgis PICS

Hey All,

Thought I would share ... I'm headed for Sturgis soon. I leave for Maine from Virginia this week, in Maine I meet up with my brother and then we're headed off to Sturgis next week. No we won't be driving the bikes... sorry guys. :p We're going to be loading the bikes and then pulling a Camper. It's a big trip from Maine as you can imagine especially with a Rocket & a VROD in the back of a truck hauling a camper. :eek: haha.
The joke is before we leave... we can't decide whether to say 3 hail marys and do a shot or say 1 Hail Mary and do 3 shots. haha.

Anyway .. here's some pics of my bike. :D

Ride Safe.
Suthern_Yankee

The Rock will make it no problem. The VProd might make it with the proper amount of babying and lots of Hardley oil. Isn't that how 90% of the Sturgis wannabe's go....by camper?

Next summer. I'll be rirding out (tongue in cheek). The Rock will ride to KC and then |I'll ride the Rock to Sturgis.:)

Headed to Sturgis

I did leave one part out of the story, it's not just my bro and I we have the ladies going.
Somehow I don't think that they would be up to riding 2200 miles on bike. :D

Maybe I'll drive the Rocket out for 2008. ;)

SY

:roll:

That's where I must be lucky. My lady is ready for us to make a ride up to Bowling Green, KY next summer with her on her Trophy. Depending on where the RAA meet is, we may try to work that in to the ride as well.. :) She so wants to ride to Sturgis.. just once for the ride.. we might try that in a year or two.

I did leave one part out of the story, it's not just my bro and I we have the ladies going.
Somehow I don't think that they would be up to riding 2200 miles on bike. :D

Maybe I'll drive the Rocket out for 2008. ;)

SY

:roll:

You better look at the pictures in my album. That 'lady' on the Heritage is 67 years old and she's been in every state except California and New Mexico. That bike has over 100K on it. She and her husband rode with me to Nashville this summer from Middlefield, Ohio to York, Pa, to Kitty Hawk, NC, to Elizabeth City, NC, to Boone, NC, to Maggie Valley, NC, to Nashville and then to Athens, Ohio were I left them and came home. 2285 miles. Her husband is 72. They were headed home to get ready to go to upper New York State for another ride.

Is there a meeting place and date for all of us to get together in Sturgis and swap lies??

Captain ChrisPy and myself will arrive from British Columbia, Canada on Monday the 6th, so we're hoping to meet some folks we read about in person. Staying in Keystone but happy to meet wherever.

It's gonna be a hot potlicker too - can't wait!!

Vinny Boy

whoa Vinny Boy. No we don't have a plan but we should. I will also arrive on the 6th. We are staying at Glencoe campground. I will put something together tomorrow and either post here or pm you. Rockets in Sturgis....too cool!

Back