Has anyone experienced any engine stalling issues? At times when slowing to a stop in 1st gear, clutch fully pulled in and having completed a proper rev match before downshifting to 1st ( I don't have a quickshifter installed), the engine will stall. I mentioned it to the tech when I just had it in for the 600 mile service and he mentioned there was an update he installed but had no idea what it's purpose was. He mentioned that most Triumph's have some kind of update at the 1st service. He wasn't able to replicate the stall and I can't replicate myself when trying....it's just a very intermittent nuisance
This "problem" was always present since new and happens very rarely.....maybe one out of 20 times when coming to a full stop I have approx. 700 miles on the odometer.
Yes, I experienced that exact situation on two occasions. I'm going to monitor it more closely now that I know someone else has experienced it.

I have covered just over 800 miles no issues with stalling as yet. Its no long since its first service. A newer map was installed but it was running very vibby and snatchy during on/off/on throttle application. I used Tune Ecu to do a reset adaption which worked really well and now it runs very smooth, but i now have a P0315 error which is crankshaft position values not learned or something like so i wouldnt recommend using Tune Ecu until this is sorted. I will get dealer to clear this when i am passing next. It isnt a dangerous error for engine or so i am told by various sources!

You mentioned a "reset adaption." Can you say exactly WHAT was reset?? (Got a snatchy throttle too.)

Have a look at TuneEcu's website for a full explaination but basically the ecu trims the fuel mixture over time or you can force it to do it faster by perfoming an adaption. But i wouldnt at this stage as Tune ECU causes a P0315 error code if you do. I think they are working on it so hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Dare i say it it should sort itself out after some riding, but how I dont know how many miles it will take....

Have a look at TuneEcu's website for a full explaination but basically the ecu trims the fuel mixture over time or you can force it to do it faster by perfoming an adaption. But i wouldnt at this stage as Tune ECU causes a P0315 error code if you do. I think they are working on it so hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Dare i say it it should sort itself out after some riding, but how I dont know how many miles it will take....
Still having it stall coming to a stop in 1st gear....very random...900 miles on the clock.

nice to know i'm not the only one, i haven't had it happen slowing down, at least that i have paid attention to, but when sitting idling, about to take off and it will suddenly stall, i haven't even let the clutch out at that point, just went to add a little throttle, seems to be pretty random, did this before and after the service, have about 6000km on it at the moment

had it 4-5 times already, got 3600km on the clock, squeeze the clutch and restart when rolling but it is anoying!

I had a software update a few weeks ago, not had the stalling since.. no idea if this is coincidence, it was random for me... only 2 or 3 times in it's 1250miles or so.

Saturday I picked up the bike after the panniers were fitted, drove off and 5 miles later it stalled again, grabbed the clutch and hit the starter as I am used to it now lol but nothing happened!😳
Looked down and the screen was completely black!! Tried to hold the key in all sorts of positions at the transponder but it was DEAD!! So called the shop to pick me up (was close) and took it in, fuse for the transponder was blown but they didn’t know why so instead of me leaving on the bike they provided a loaner.
Today they had a serious look but couldn’t find anything yet, on the test ride it happened again!! Hopefully they sorr it out tomorrow 👏

Back