I used the remote and positive cables to a water proof switch and then to the battery a simple hookup
Ended up wiring mine up pretty much in the same fashion. It works for me.:)
Am impressed with the performance of my speakers. Hooked to an Ipod and was able to enjoy Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers at 80 mph with a full face helmet on.
Still loooking into a satellite radio. Stopped at a Radio Shack today and the kid working was not much help. She knew less about them than I did. If I get one I would like to be able to pop it off the bike and use it in my car & truck.

all the sat radios will allow this which makes it a real good deal I have an ipod and have used it on the bike several times however with a never ending selection it works great. By the way odds are any time you go to radio shack you will know more than the workers be prepared to find it your self and answer your own questions in there. you may be able to get a receiver online cheaper

I am glad you like your set up

Darrell,

I use this kit from TSS Radio (Sirius for Motorcycles | TSS-Radio) with my Sirius Stratus 3 radio. I can pop it off and use in my truck and then put it back on the bike, no problem. Scroll down on the page and you can get the radio along with the kit. You can also get vehicle specific mounts for your car/truck if needed.

Darrell,

I use this kit from TSS Radio (Sirius for Motorcycles | TSS-Radio) with my Sirius Stratus 3 radio. I can pop it off and use in my truck and then put it back on the bike, no problem. Scroll down on the page and you can get the radio along with the kit. You can also get vehicle specific mounts for your car/truck if needed.
Dude,
Thanks for the info.
I had looked at that website a couple of days ago. Sounds like you're pleased with the product. I ordered the Sportster 3 radio with motorcycle mount kit this morning. Should arrive here Monday or Tuesday.:)
Thanks Again.

You may have to play with the antenna location in order to get good reception. I have a Corbin Fleetliner fairing with a Chromed windshield and the little platform that comes with the kit gets blocked by the windshield. I just took some velcro and stuck the antenna to the front of the fairing and it works much better.

What happened to sticking those little headphones in your ears under the helmet?:D

That's what I do. Need to wear ear protection anyway so might as well have it playing music. Nobody needs to hear what I am listening to anyway.

Back