For Sale Some Rocket Roadster Parts

That will be a nice upgrade when assembled.
- Don't deck the head more than it is already unless absolutely necessary. If you have to deck it to remove a warp/imperfection, do yourself a favor, get adjustable cam Gears.
- I suggest not messing with the bowl area and shortside turn of the intake runners on that head.
- Cam timing with fixed (stock) gears was acceptable if I recall correctly but can be improved with adjustables.
Thanks mate for your detailed input and work on that cool head of mine.
Advice duly noted and I only hope we can emulate the great results @Kevin frazier has had with it.

Luckily I have had a pair of billet alloy APE Rocket III adjustable cam gears in the shed for years now.
I don't think some are too impressed with them but I'll leave that to the experts because I know I am not any more than an accessory adder! ;) :roll:

Les can decide which to use when he puts it all together in the next 6 mths or so.
But I am not looking for absolute top end and just a big fat 200 would be nice as it will likely end up powering an outfit in the next few years when my legs give up and my hooligan re-emerges on the dirt tracks to and from my NT bush block.

Folkes who have ridden this engine in Kev's R3T were extremely impressed with its smooth and torque filled cruise.

Yeah, it will be going into an ABS Roadster rebuild with the Robinson transmission and billet 4th, PWR radiator, 1 3/4" ID headers and big bore single pipe etc.
Engines are same and will run either ECU base with or without ABS if you have matching loom and ECU type.
Then 'just' a matter of tuning for the setup. ;)
Mine will be done as a Solo on a dyno in sub tropical Brisbane which should give me some cover for NT temperatures.
I am familiar with engines in bikes or trucks running on well after switch off for a while in protest at the heat.
Fuel can be an issue though getting higher octane/detergent grades at remote outlets, but generally NT fuel is sourced directly from Singapore and better quality than some produced by the Australian refinery down South.

If you're adding pistons, and haven't bought them yet, I suggest asking nev for the set matching that head if he's got them in stock ;)

10.5 JEs will be ~ 11:1 under that head.
Yeah, had a set of 10.5:1 JE at least 5 years now too, even longer than the cam gears. 👍
Got them for about US$350 on eBay.

Found out later that Nev has Wossner forged ones available
R3 Wossner forged pistons 1.jpg
R3 Wossner forged pistons 2.jpg
R3 Wossner forged pistons 3.jpg
R3 Wossner forged pistons 4.jpg
R3 Wossner forged pistons.jpg

They still sell them but US$560 delivered to Oz now!
1664087203688.png

Triumph Rocket 3 III 10.5 :1 JE Piston Kit Stock Bore 317209

Item specifics​

Condition: New
Brand: JE Pistons
Manufacturer Part Number: 317209
End Displacement: 2249cc
Oversize: Stock
Piston Weight: 361 grams
Skirt Style: FSR
Piston Ring Part #: JG3101-4000-7
Wrist Pin Part #: 866-063-MW

Hi man,
Chrome radiator cowlings / shrouds x 4 please.
I need to make them black and fit to my ‘too chrome and shiny’ 2008 Classic.
Needed down here in SA.
Cheers :)

Hey IshRub man,
Know of any black ones anywhere?
Also, silver headers needed to fit to my 3/3 Madaz (?) pipe system. Just headers needed, (want to keep well chromed and good sounding 3 pipe system), but must look cool and neat like Les Laidlaw’s, not all ‘mad spaghetti’ twisted, like some do.
Have emailed Les twice, crickets. Maybe no longer makes ? :-/

Back