Bound to be delays in production and supply given that the factory has been shut due to covid. Also the parts suppliers will have been shut plus distribution channels. As stated above, Triumph have taken this opportunity to lay off approx 240 UK employees
My dealer today said that this was always going to happen. R and D plus TFC models will be in UK (bikes only assembled) but production all moved to Thailand.
Their recent partnership with Bajaj for smaller cc machines is a key focus for them now. New markets I suppose is what they need to survive

I ordered, in France, a new GT end of January and it came only last week. I thought it was already produced in Thaïland. My dealer told me that all new ones will come from Thailand and be delivered starting next September.

I ordered my GT in October last year, from the importer here in Australia, and I'm still waiting (they're now saying late July). I believe the main hold up with me was that I wanted the Silver GT, and not the black... Ordering in January and coming last week sounds like a dream to me! :)

I ordered my GT in October last year, from the importer here in Australia, and I'm still waiting (they're now saying late July). I believe the main hold up with me was that I wanted the Silver GT, and not the black... Ordering in January and coming last week sounds like a dream to me! :)
FRUCK!!....i ordered my Black GT on 1st of feb...still waiting...told june/july....

I can be wrong, but I thing the main market for R3 is USA...
My dealership told me from the very beginning the number of R3 he ordered for the full year 2020 and when they should arrive. So I knew that ordering last day of January it will be in France in May. I ordered a black GT as I it will be painted with another color. As it seems that grey GT are more required that could be a reason for the delay. However according to COVID-19, I was prepared for a longer delay.

But if you consider that it will be a new baby for you, 9 months (October to July) seems acceptable (sorry for this bad joke which was so easy 😇).

in middle december i was told by our local dealer, there had been only 15 rockets ordered for year 2020. 15 for whole country :)
so, i prepaid grey gt being promissed to get one middle february. finally i lost my patience two weeks ago when dealer announced further delay. due to spectrum of his bunkruptcy with the pain of my heart i had to revoke all money.
moreover, will be going abroad for the second part of the year. when coming back season is over and rocket already one year older. if you were in my shoes would not be wiser to wait for bergain or afterwards buy the second hand ?

Last edited:
in middle december i was told by our local dealer, there had been only 15 rockets ordered for year 2020. 15 for whole country :)
so, i prepaid grey gt being promissed to get one middle february. finally i lost my patience two weeks ago when dealer announced further delay. due to spectrum of his bunkruptcy with the pain of my heart i had to revoke all money.
moreover, will be going abroad for the second part of the year. when coming back season is over and rocket already one year older. if you were in my shoes won't be wiser to wait for bergain or afterwards buy the second hand ?

As this 2.5 rocket 3 is a new model, I would buy it (brand new or second hand) from a Triumph dealership able to give guaranty and with mechanics trained to do the maintenance. It is just my point of view, as I am not a mechanic 😭

well, this is the matter of quite nice money between brand new and one year old

Back