Saying good bye to a very reliable awsome machine

borntoride063

Standard Bore
Ride
just traded in 2008 Rocket 3 on a 2015 Kawasaki Concours 1400
Parted with my 2008 Rocket, over 26,000 trouble free miles, too many spankings to count of the hd riders (oh it was always them challenging, I naturally had to respond, I'm only human) from screamin eagle this and that to vrod to special construction. I have not been on the site in a long time, my wife and I were rear ended in her car while stopped in traffic near Naples NY. in Sept 2013 it blew out 2 disc in my wife's neck. it s been a long journey, she had surgery on feb 17th this year and lord willing eventually she will be pain free. anyway we decided to find something that was more comfortable on long trips. just got a 2015 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Of course Full exhaust system Hi Flow Filter and ECU Reprogram is ordered! the riding position is more comfortable for the both of us. If I could afford to have 2 bikes I would keep the rocket for sure! Its a one of a kind riding experience! many thanks to all the help received from fellow riders, Skip, Brian, etc..... Now and then I will be able to get on to say hello as work allows.

Mark 098.jpg

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad your wife will make a full recover, Good luck with your Connie, and just because you don't ride a rocket doesn't mean you have to say goodbye, stick around, this place is fun:)

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad your wife will make a full recover, Good luck with your Connie, and just because you don't ride a rocket doesn't mean you have to say goodbye, stick around, this place is fun:)
Thanks, and Yeah I will chime in on occasion

It will never be the same, but a new horizons help to adjust the hind sight view.

Those concours are very nice. A good friend has one and it rides very well. Quiet as a mouse though! Can't even hear it running!! Enjoy the new ride and best wishes to your wife. Hopefully she'll find it plenty comfy to ride again.

I bought an older Connie...2006 that I have yet to see or ride. It lives in New Hampshire and will be the bike I ride when visiting family for a few weeks each year. I would have bought a R3T but wanted to keep the expense down since I would only be riding it 3 weeks out of the year. It is in great shape and only paid 3k for it...I fly down on July 15th and my sister and me will tour Nova Scotia, me on the Connie she on her Triumph.

Those concours are very nice. A good friend has one and it rides very well. Quiet as a mouse though! Can't even hear it running!! Enjoy the new ride and best wishes to your wife. Hopefully she'll find it plenty comfy to ride again.

Thanks, Yes very smooth, No driveshaft Jacking, and once I get the performance goodies installed, It should run well too!

Back