Thanx re the leg too!...He told me he had a dream the other night where he was cornered by 3 chinese kungfu guys and he was kicking the door to get out!!...woke up kicking his good leg with the busted one!!!....Wasn't too happy about that as the pain was intense!....cos im his good buddy, i laughed my tits off!!
I should add, they didnt put a cast on it...just a boot thing with velcro straps going over ...they did belt an 11mm titanium rod down thru the centre of his marrow with a hammer!!....all the breaks are below the knee!...and of course he takes the boot off at night so he can sleep!...The doc had to give him some liquid morphine to take to kill the pain!
Three Chinese Kung Foo guys? I couldn't stop laughing at that one. Very detailed and descriptive. I'm thinking he already had the Morphine to have a dream like that.😂🤣

Three Chinese Kung Foo guys? I couldn't stop laughing at that one. Very detailed and descriptive. I'm thinking he already had the Morphine to have a dream like that.😂🤣
i said to him .."Where the f**k did all that come from??"......"youv'e been dreaming about asian girls again havn't you?"........he just grinned...

He's lucky to have a good friend like you!
...it's how we roll isnt it?...cant leave your buddies when theyr'e dissabled like that....My lady cooks another meal in the evenings and i take it over the next day for him...one dosnt realize how difficult normal living becomes when youre hurt and on your own until something like this happens...just making toast and a coffee is a big job!...He has managed to get himself in the shower so thats a plus!!lol.

I had a pump up moon boot some years ago when I had a break. The healing was quicker apparently due to the circulation going deeper inside the leg. Mig welding with it on didn't improve the boot. Pity the fitting is snapped there, sometimes there is part of the barn left and one can cut the fittings off and use flexible EFI hose to make a new one.
Yes i understand...it's just broken off clean....to be sure its not going to leak i will put the new one on ....thanx for that tho.
My cobber has an 'R' model and cos he is laid up for quite a few weeks, he has suggested i take the fitting off his bike in the meantime...i said i might as well just swap fuel tanks?...we will see...

Broke the plastic nipple off the connector and left the broken bit in the hose...its crimped on there...I had thought about drilling both bits out and inserting a plastic tube and somehow glueing it back together. I believe the fuel pump works on around 50psi so didnt want to have it blow to bits when im getting down the road...KABOOM!

20220816_205623.jpg

20220806_151041.jpg
Can you tap a thread internally and use a brass fitting with a barb end?

Can you tap a thread internally and use a brass fitting with a barb end?
i think i could alright but then the hose is clamped on...my concern is i would have to use a hoseclip and there is alot of pressure from the fuel pump...50 psi apparently and i couldnt afford any leaks...i'm tempted to use my cobbers tank but as they say, if you tempt fate..as in stone chips or similar...it will come calling!

i think i could alright but then the hose is clamped on...my concern is i would have to use a hoseclip and there is alot of pressure from the fuel pump...50 psi apparently and i couldnt afford any leaks...i'm tempted to use my cobbers tank but as they say, if you tempt fate..as in stone chips or similar...it will come calling!
Hi Tal,
a hose clamp should be ok as a hose clamp can hold 100 + PSI of air.

Well today is Friday the 19th here...I was having a coffee with my cobber with the busted leg in a cafe attached to a bike shop today and i got a call from my dealership"your part has arrived" he said!....Woooop!...I was straight around there and picked it up...shot home and an hour later the bike was running again....one happy man right here!
They told me it was going to take weeks and weeks to arrive but it was only 2 weeks....there must have been a part in the country after all!

Back