ROTREX SUPERCHARGERS

38 man hours, eh? I think I got your installers beat! I was just a bit over 30 hours for my install. And yeah, the install is more work than the instructions let on. You should be a fairly competent wrench with a good selection of tools to do the install yourself. That said, it wasn't all that bad, just a long to-do list. If you're not a competent wrench or can't afford 30-hours install labor then I'd suggest you go with a turbo kit - mechanically, much simpler but also less efficient in power production. Installing the supercharger yourself though, there ain't no greater satisfaction than saying you did that yourself or in Doc's case, whipped his mechanics to do it! :lol:

Re: Rotrrex superchargers

flyingdoc said:
... Power figures: 260 bhp, 260 Nm with an estimated 300 Nm at the crank... Wondering how long those parts will last :D

The tune supplied by blowme works fine. Before the tune the bike wouldn't run at all, now it runs great...

Doc, did you have your bike dyno-tuned or are you just running Richard's tune? I'd love to get my bike dyno'd but ****'d if I can find a competent Tuneboy tuner in my area.

Dyno

I have to ask them more specific about what they have done with the tune; I know they've made dynoruns, but I do not know what adjustments they have made. I'll ask them!

But doesn't the bike look awesome??? I just love those nice big tube going in under the tank and coming out to fill those hungry throttlebellies...

The stiffening of the mounting plate has cost a lot of extra time: at the first running attempt the compressor started shaking havily, and after they'd fixed that problem and started the bike again fuel was flowing all over the engine due to loosening of the injectors. They have changed the belt tensioner supplied (which is alu-metal and loosens when it gets warm due to different heat expansion coefficients of these metals) with a Ducati part. Nice touch! I think the desmosedici will be scared for this monster!
KP

Well, if they dyno'd your bike, most likely they went and retuned it while they were at it. What exhaust are you running? I'm on the full TORs system.

I haven't had any problems with the injectors or unstable mounting. I'll have to double-check the injectors just in case. They felt as secure as I could make them.

I do love the looks of the piping as well. With that big air filter cover I asked for, the intake looks like something off a Star Wars fighter. Smokin!

supercharger question

I am very interested in the supercharger, and at the moment, everything engine wise is stock on my bike. Was gonna hold off on choice of exhaust to switch to until the dust settled on the Predator series exhaust. (had initially considered Jardines and 3KN solution and know there are 'standard' tunes that would work fine for that).

So far, it appears the Predator series is 'winning' and I was wondering if there is going to be tunes available for this combination of Predator and Supercharger.

I am very computer compitent (owned a computer business for 22 years) so while Tuneboy itself wouldnt intimidate me, not having the engine knowledge, I am a little concerned about trial and error as a method to "get there". I live in a relatively small town in Florida and dont know of any hi-tech bike shops in the area.

There is a good tech who can help get the supercharger installed but after that would need some 'help'. Am hoping there will be a good tune available for this situation.

Does anyone have that combination of pipe and supercharger on their radar?

Paul

There's no way you can get your bike tuned proper through "trial-n-error" number tweaking with Tuneboy edit. You have to get your bike dyno tuned with an exhaust sniffer.

TTS has some supercharger tuneboy tunes for bikes they have dyno'd. I'm not sure which exhausts systems they have tuned with the supercharger though. I do know they have done the full TORs system. Richard from TTS will know which exhaust tunes they have. Since the Predator system is pretty new I really doubt they have tuned it and likely won't unless a UK supercharger customer comes in with that exhaust.

Your best bet is to find a tuneboy authorized tuner in your area. Not easy, I know but the number of supercharged Rockets with that exhaust setup will be rarer still.

Rocketman,

Am I thinking right though, that you want the best intake AND the best exhaust you can get?

Based on the data on this site, the Predator series has significant gains over the Jardines, which in turns has gains over the other options?

I am spending $5K plus install on the supercharger, i certainly dont want to short change myself on other aspects.

Paul

Far as your thinking goes, it is mainly right but also consider that the exhaust side of the equation in the supercharger setup is a much smaller factor for power generation than what the intake turbine is contributing. So long as your exhaust isn't a restrictive stock setup, I don't think your boost difference will be huge if you have TORS as opposed to Jardines as opposed to any other performance exhaust. I think they'll all be in the 240 to 260 HP range.

If you want to get THE best performance out of your bike then you will have to get it dyno tuned no matter what intake or exhaust you get. If you can't get it dyno'd then having a unmatched tune to your setup could likely rob you of power which could very well negate any benefits of a better exhaust system.

Back